sears fat tire forks

Triley41395

The springs screw into the cups with the coils acting as threads. Unscrew them to disassemble. It looks like you may need to cut a couple of braces.
Yes normally you can use a piece of rubber and just unscrew the springs without cutting the fender mounts. It's not that easy but it can be done. Unfortunately the ones I'm working on will not turn. If the OP can get his to turn he should be able to get them apart. Me, I'm going a little different route.

Triley41395

First, I am in no way suggesting you do this to your bike. After about an hour trying to get my springs freed up with no success I cut the springs. Then put a rod through the axel holes and started trying to tap(hammer) them off together. My forks were stuck. I still don't have them apart but giving up for tonight. I do have 2 new springs to replace the ones I cut. I just bought this bike and it was already sand blasted.
If the forks are not stuck on your bike I would avoid doing this. Yours looks to be in good condition. 20231215_184339.jpg

When I restored a roper I had issues with the same thing…I cut the fender mount and then those unscrew…BUT those springs are like hens teeth…I tried for a year to find one as I screwed one up…never found any so I had to special order a set at $265….be careful….side note I have an original spring…

Triley41395

The springs corkscrew into the tab. As you loosen one end it tightens the other. After you get one end loose on both sides the bottom part should slip off. Then you can unscrew the other. To reassemble them you have to overtighten one end of both springs and slip the bottom back on and unscrew from the overtightened end and screw into the other making sure you don't unscrew too far. 20231216_072112.jpg 20231216_072108.jpg