Sears Roper Project

hey everybody i need a bushing for the front forks where they attach to the frame, would anyone know what sizes are that i need or would anyone have one that would work

Nice work on the roper,I would leave the gov' hooked up ya don't want to blow the motor.I found the fork bushing at Tractor Supply for my bike,they have alot of stuff there!:thumbsup:Ray

hey thanks for info on the bushing do you know the part number for when i go there tomarrow so i know exactly what to get, and i already have the govenor off, it was already off when i started work on the engine, i didnt take it off

Andrewp

Measure the tube it slides into. Thats the outside diameter. Then measure the bolt that goes through the center of it. Thats the inside diameter. Thats what size mine are in my roper with 6 inch wheels. I think the ones with bigger wheels use bearings. See if you can get it at lowes or home depot in the specialty hardware drawers in the bolt section. Also it needs the flange around iy to keep it from sliding into the neck tube.

well i can only work on it on the weekends, so since its friday ill hopefully get the clutch tomarrow since its in the store now. ( it had to be shipped from one store to another), and ill get a throttle grip tomarrow and then! hopefully ill have it going haha. thanks guys for all the compliments. ill upload a video on it going up and down the road if i can upload it on here, if not here on my youtube channel, along with the first start of the engine.

used a bicycle kickstand and cut it to fit but the threads are striped so i have to rethread it. the bracket shown is made by me, made with 1/8 inch flat steel 3/4 in by 72 inch piece