Sears Super 2 Speed resto

markus

Very nice, you going to have it pinstriped eventually? How is the 2 speed with the little H engine, is it making good enough power in 2nd gear (trying to setup and small engine with a 2 speed myself) You got it looking real close to OG :thumbsup:

Very nice, you going to have it pinstriped eventually? How is the 2 speed with the little H engine, is it making good enough power in 2nd gear (trying to setup and small engine with a 2 speed myself) You got it looking real close to OG :thumbsup:
I have been going back and forth on whether to pinstripe it or not. I'll post some more pics if I do. I also need to fab the small cover/chain guard that goes over the right jackshaft plate.

This was my first experience with a 2 speed jackshaft, so was clueless. I also live at 6000ft, so had concerns. I went with a 12t clutch, a complete NOS universal Comet set up with 12/24t sprockets, then final gear 12/60t. After some governor tweaking to get a few more RPM and better throttle response, I was surprised how well it works. I live on a slight hill. It pulls me (200lbs) up the hill at a little over 20 mph. On the flat it accelerates well for what it is and parks at about 24mph. :scooter: