serengeti mini bike

everything is working great! :scooter: took numerous 2-3 mile rides today + all the riding around the property. even mama squirrel came out of her hole and rode it. :1orglaugh:

probably 6-8 hr on the little engine now. time for maintenance. this has been a weeks worth of riding.

chain needs to be tightened, then lubed
air cleaner cleaned
change oil.
check all bolts.

blew out the clutch & oiled when i put on the J/S kit.

got started late so i decided to do air cleaner first. the air filter is held on with 1 screw, however, i took off the 2 nuts and removed the whole unit. WRONG!:doah: what is the breather hose for that goes into the engine? the filter was pretty dirty. dirt had made it past the filter and there was a slight coating on the choke valve. better order some of these so i can just swap them out when i need to. cleaned up with some carb with some cc and replaced filter.

could someone explain the hose and its use?

gonna finish everything else tomorrow.

TT

You said it yourself-it's a breather hose-crankcase breather. Just like in a car one day the big heads said--- don't polute the air with the crankcase blow by gasses, burn them. Ah ah ah don't plug that hole! Just don't over fill the oil and it dosen't blow by much oil (untill the rings are old). But at first the rings haven't fully broke in and it passes extra oil untill they are.

Did it look somethin' like this? :wink:

Jimmy S.
Pretty close cept for a bushier tail. :laugh:

changed the oil yesterday.. :doah: it was VERY glittery. when i received the mini and checked the oil, nothing registered on the dipstick. I put in a little over half of what the capacity is, so there was some oil in there. i should have changed it after only an hr or so. oh well. we'l see how long the motor lasts.

also the air filter. from the factory, it NOT oiled. make sure you check this if you get a new mini. like i mentioned before, dirt had made it's way past the filter and into the engine.

does oldminibike warehouse have stock air filters for this engine? gonna have to check.

rode alot on sunday. after a few more days like that, i know we are going to be serching for more power before long. :smile: already have a 6.5 in the shed.

should i order from PROMOD or CTIMINI? they offer pretty much the same swap kit, no?

TT

Pretty close cept for a bushier tail. :laugh:

changed the oil yesterday.. :doah: it was VERY glittery. when i received the mini and checked the oil, nothing registered on the dipstick. I put in a little over half of what the capacity is, so there was some oil in there. i should have changed it after only an hr or so. oh well. we'l see how long the motor lasts.

TT
The engine is shipped with no oil or gas, just FYI. So if you only added half of what is called for then you have been useing only half the amount needed this whole time!! Again FYI, :wink: I have been riding for about 2 weeks now and am still very pleased with my bike. I am wanting more power. But my oil stays pretty clean.:shrug: However I do have a small oil drip from the drain plug. :scooter:

When I race my kart (and changed the oil after every race day) in my HF clone, the oil always had glitter in it. I was worried at first, but the motor still ran hard at the end of the season. I usually ran around 30 miles each race day. There is no oil filter, so change it often.

The engine is shipped with no oil or gas, just FYI. So if you only added half of what is called for then you have been useing only half the amount needed this whole time!! Again FYI, :wink: I have been riding for about 2 weeks now and am still very pleased with my bike. I am wanting more power. But my oil stays pretty clean.:shrug: However I do have a small oil drip from the drain plug. :scooter:

no i checked the oil everyday we rode last week. it was never low. :scooter:

TT

Ive been riding the past few days pretty hard, switching between the badger and the orange mini I got( think its a manco, its in the what is it) . Ive got to say, between the 2 the badger rides like a dream. I love the orange one becuz its pure power with that OHH60 on there. But the badger can go anywhere adn it all feels the same, smooth. Even with the stock motor it gets me(170+#) riding with my daughter(60#) thru alot.I can almost not imagine after this winter when I upgrade. Did I say imagine? I meant wait.. :laugh::laugh: Honestly I would suggest these to anyone who has a DB and wants suspension!Just dont get it from BJs.:2guns::2guns:

The engine is shipped with no oil or gas, just FYI. So if you only added half of what is called for then you have been useing only half the amount needed this whole time!! Again FYI, I have been riding for about 2 weeks now and am still very pleased with my bike. I am wanting more power. But my oil stays pretty clean. However I do have a small oil drip from the drain plug.
Mine was shipped full of oil. When I removed the oil plug, oil started dripping out.

Don't buy from bj's. Beleive what you here. I would suggest picking it up where ever you purchase from.:frown: Still tripping over mine in the garage. I received a letter from the credit card company yesterday.........says they are processing my refund. :wink: So far I think they forgot about the second "used" badger I got.:thefinger::thefinger::clap::clap:

Mine was shipped full of oil. When I removed the oil plug, oil started dripping out.
Really?!?!?!?! so I am mistaken, mine had a sticker that said no oil or gas, and I had to hook up the fuel line. No worries:detective:

And manchester dont forget I want those forks if your gonna part it out!:laugh::thumbsup::scooter: Wish you could be riding it like I am man, would be cool knowing me and TTsquirel arent the only ones! Do you think I could use the front brake setup from promod on those badger forks? just out of curiousity?:shrug::scooter:

I wish my DB was here to compare, but I left the DB up the poconos. All the stuff promod has is for the DB. The forks on the badger are a lot fatter so I would not be sure. Maybe you can send promod a PM, and give him some measurements:confused:

I called Serengeti today because my Badger 100 front shocks were over due-I'm planning on puting them on my Doodle Bug-I hope they are shocks and not just springs, Any of you with the Badger100 are the front shocks a "dampener" type? Once they are on I'll rig up the front brake-details to follow.:grind::hammer::scooter:

well, the old badger is getting an upgrade. the stock motor has performed flawlessly with promod's j/s. having a db30 with a clone and this badger with the stock motor is fun on a tight track but that doesnt last long when we get on straight road. time to put a predator in the badger. has anyone else done this? have you run into any problems with a clone in the badger? i know that the badger swingarm might crack with the extra power so i will be reinforcing the weld with two small plates welded on top and bottom. anything else? i will get some pics up when i get done.

BTW, i will be selling two 97 cc motors. the one out of the badger with almost two years of use. still runs great. the other one is out of the db30. harly any use on this second motor. when i bought the db30, the tires still had the pips on them. i just pulled it though and put in a clone. probably not real good to ship both motors unless you really want them. i am asking $75 for both motors. neither have gas tanks. both have clutches. also both are missing a couple of springs from the throttle area because i needed them for my clones. both run good. i am in the fresno area if someone is interested.

TTS

ok taking on this project is taking up too much time. wish i would have just bought a db30 since they seem to be the right mi.ni for all the bolt on mods. heres where im at. took the stock engine out like i said in last post. looked at engine mount and thought that if i just put on motor adaptor plate, that should make the mount stiff enough. well after looking thru some more threads, i read that the mount o.n the badger is already drilled for clone. great. i all ready ordered the adaptor mount and it is in. the mail. ok well i guess i will weld a new plate ov er the old one to make it stiff. the fender will need to be bent or modded some how to fit the motor. maybe custom fender? taking off the rear swing arm now so i can reinforce that. meanwhile i also noticed the the frame is made from two peices of tub ing. looks like they are just but welded together. another rei.nforcement.... i guess i wont be riding as soon as i thought. i will post pics later. TTS

well ran into to some more problems. the engine mount is slotted for the clone engine. the predator bolted right up. HOWEVER, after mounting the engine, no matter which way the clutch is put on,(sprocket in or out) the chain alignment is way off. you can see the pics.

also the engine mount makes the engine sit way too the right. i have attached phots of db30 with clone and the badger with predator. you can see how much my foot if off the peg with the predator. BTW, I used CTMINI motor adaptor plate for the db30. looks like i am going to be selling the new adaptor plate i bought for the badger since it doesnt fit. :doah: i will make someone a good :deal: on it since i will be the one losing money.

the frame is not made up of just one peice of tubing. the tubing is butt welded on the top under the seat and one the bottome. gonna have to reinforce that too.:doah:

:censure: :censure:

TTS

more pics. swingarm has a small hole in the welded area.

if you look at the two engine pic, you can see the badger 100 engine on the left has the adaptor plate. dang that makes me soo :censure: i bought ctmini adaptor and cant even use it. :censure: i just will have to weld a new mount plate.

anyone else doen a clone swap in a badger 100? would really like to hear from you.

meet goalie. my second fastest dog.

TTS

crap:doah: I think the OldMiniBikes warehouse has some plates. Let me look. You can always call them with questions. Great people, Hent(Drew) and Viki
yeah :doah: i remember back in 2010 and you dealing with your badger mess. i should have never bought one but they looked sooo pretty with those shocks.

checking OldMiniBikes myself.

TTS