serengeti mini bike

simple question but search did not help.

will promods upgraded brake system bolt on to the serengeti mini bike badger 100?

or is the badger 100 too new to know yet? I know that others are having problems with S&H from BJ's so maybe no one has had the opportunity to try yet.

promod, any idea? gonna PM you about this.

thanks and if it fits, i'll be ordering one.

TT

Well the Badger uses the same brakes as the DB, so I would think it would work just fine. Altho my stock brakes are fine for now till I upgrade the engine.

since the 100 uses same brake, i bought the upgrade from PROMOD. let you know if it bolts right on and I'm sure that it won't be a surprise if it does.

TT

howdy. i did get the mini yesterday. it wasn't in the best shape, however, it wasn't so bad that i had to give it back. the ups guy told me up front that i could refuse the delivery if i wanted to. after i looked over everything, i decided that i would keep it. the box was held on by two of three straps, however, there was a big hole in the side and the top was opened up. the fender & tool/manual box is taped together and was not attached, just loose and outside of the box. luckily, it did not get lost. nothing seemed like it was "damaged"
after putting it together, noticed that fuel line was not attached to carb. after i was done, i had my daughter move it from the driveway to the shed. haven't even started it and already had a accident.:crying: no crying involved, shes tuff. the clutch cover seems to be pushed in, but i haven't really checked if anything is really damaged. waiting on the J/s kit and brake upgrade from promod. keep u updated as soon as i can find some time to work on it. my wife just got back from a trip and she doesn't know i have 3 minis in the shed.

TT

MikeBear

howdy. i did get the mini yesterday. it wasn't in the best shape, however, it wasn't so bad that i had to give it back. the ups guy told me up front that i could refuse the delivery if i wanted to. after i looked over everything, i decided that i would keep it. the box was held on by two of three straps, however, there was a big hole in the side and the top was opened up. the fender & tool/manual box is taped together and was not attached, just loose and outside of the box. luckily, it did not get lost. nothing seemed like it was "damaged"
after putting it together, noticed that fuel line was not attached to carb. after i was done, i had my daughter move it from the driveway to the shed. haven't even started it and already had a accident.:crying: no crying involved, shes tuff. the clutch cover seems to be pushed in, but i haven't really checked if anything is really damaged. waiting on the J/s kit and brake upgrade from promod. keep u updated as soon as i can find some time to work on it. my wife just got back from a trip and she doesn't know i have 3 minis in the shed.

TT
REPLACE the oil, if it was shipped with any, and do it before you ride it!! Oh, and perhaps you should call BJ's, and tell them how bad the box was damaged. If enough people complain, perhaps they'll get through to the company that packaging needs an upgrade.... That will be a good thing for all of us.

I would also suggest you run it around before modifying it, just so you know it's all good before. "Used to work. and now doesn't" is a lot different then "I don't know if it ever worked..." If you run it now, you can check out any kinks and issues before making changes..

I would definetly test it out before adding any kinda mods to it. And run the choke bout 1/2 way or so. I wanna see some pics, esspecially when/if you do the brake upgrade. Also Dbl check everything, throttle linkage gas lines , brakes( my pads needed adjusted), I mean everything make sure its all tight. My throttle was not right and a few other minor screws and whatnot. Other than that I love my Badger!:scooter:

thanks for all the good advice. i would have run it without checking anything:doah: just cause i am so excited to have one of these now. looks like i will have time tomorrow to check it all over. I'll get some pics. have to run to wally world and grab some oil. I received one of my orders from PROMOD today! :thumbsup: i was thinking about putting on the brake upgrade first just cause it's cool

let you know how it goes tomorrow evening

TT

Who gets the Badger 100: Mama Squirrel, Papa Squirrel, or Baby Squirrel? :shrug:

Jimmy S.
Papa Squirrel DEFINITELY gets the B100 and the shocks. Baby S will get the Baja DB30 and Mama S will get the Bonanza project. hope i can find some time to fix that for mama cause me and baby are going to be :scooter:

TT

Papa Squirrel DEFINITELY gets the B100 and the shocks. Baby S will get the Baja DB30 and Mama S will get the Bonanza project. hope i can find some time to fix that for mama cause me and baby are going to be :scooter:

TT
Yeah, you better find the time to fix the Bonanza, you don't wanna make Mama Squirrel mad.... :laugh:

Jimmy S.

after my chores, i found a some time to get the badger running. checked all bolts. everything was pretty good. added oil, gas and started pulling. :confused: wouldn't start. finally figured out the red switch in the front of the engine was off. :laugh: after moving it to on, it started right up. everything seemed great. stock brake was good. power was good for my daughter being it was her first time on a two wheeler. it did ok for me too. im 160. this week i'll be putting on the J/S kit and brake upgrade from PROMOD

TT

The badger I have sitting in the garage, waiting for WHATEVER,,,,,,,,,,I noticed yesterday that the back wheel was on backwards. The valve stem is behind the sprocket, no way to add air.:doah::doah::doah: Yo erok and TT, di ya notice your badger??:confused::confused::eek:ut:

jeez manchest, you really got hosed :eek: i put air in my tires and the stem was on the brake side. still hard to get air in, but much easier than it being on the sprockets side.

The badger I have sitting in the garage, waiting for WHATEVER,,,,,,,,,,I noticed yesterday that the back wheel was on backwards. The valve stem is behind the sprocket, no way to add air.:doah::doah::doah: Yo erok and TT, di ya notice your badger??:confused::confused::eek:ut:
Yea mine airs from the brake side, is a pain but jeez! And if you want to sell those badger handle bars, I want 1st dibs! :laugh::scooter:

Every time I look at that thing, I see something else wrong with it. I think the hole back wheel is put together wrong. The back tire is way off center. How about a back tire photo???:eek:ut: I still haven't heard anything from the company. Yesterday I took the chain adjuster off because It wouldn't even roll the chain was so tight and the engine is all the way back. If some how I end up with this for free, I probably will part it out. I'll give you guys first crack:wink: How about a back wheel photo.:thumbsup: