serengeti mini bike

Ill get ya a back photo tomorow morn.:thumbsup:
Maybe you can get her goin.. Or get ahold of some1 to get your money back...
If not I DO want them forks. This orange one I got has very bad front end on it!! Would be nice with shocks too :laugh::scooter:

Thanks erok. This badger I have now is the second one they sent. It is USED, dirty scratched, dirty oil, drain plug stripped, etc. I am waiting to get my money back from the first one. I contacted the company about this one and Still haven't heard anything. I am hoping they forget about it. It has been a couple weeks. Will see. I am not calling them anymore:hammer::hammer:

Thanks erok. This badger I have now is the second one they sent. It is USED, dirty scratched, dirty oil, drain plug stripped, etc. I am waiting to get my money back from the first one. I contacted the company about this one and Still haven't heard anything. I am hoping they forget about it. It has been a couple weeks. Will see. I am not calling them anymore:hammer::hammer:
not quite folowing you. you haven't got the money back from the first one, but you SENT it back, right? now you have the 2nd one, used, and still haven't got your money back? i'd be calling.

on a lighter note, (sorry MC, dont mean to make it sound like im rubbing it in), mad had a good hr of riding today. after an hr or two more, then oil change. one of these nights, i am going to have to tell mad that she can't ride so i can put on the J/s kit. :no: she aint gonna like that.

TT

one of these nights, i am going to have to tell mad that she can't ride so i can put on the J/s kit. :no: she aint gonna like that.

TT
It only takes about 45 minutes to an hour to install the ProMod jackshaft kit. But since the Badger 100 has a swing arm, you may have to fiddle around with the jackshaft-to-rear sprocket chain some to get the right length (Remember, the jackshaft kit was originally designed for the DB30). :hack:

Jimmy S.

It only takes about 45 minutes to an hour to install the ProMod jackshaft kit. But since the Badger 100 has a swing arm, you may have to fiddle around with the jackshaft-to-rear sprocket chain some to get the right length (Remember, the jackshaft kit was originally designed for the DB30). :hack:

Jimmy S.
Yes the J/S kit needs like 2 links taken off the chain going to the tire. I have pics in another thread and in my pics that will show you what I took off and the final look. Here is the link

Here manchester, back wheel pics!

Last edited:
Thanks erok, just what I needed.:thumbsup: Hey tt...I waiting to get my money back from credit card company. The credit card company or BJ's doesn't know I got a replacement badger!!:confused::confused: and of course the replacement badger was JUNK.:thumbdown::thumbdown:

I just noticed in the pictures above that it looks as if they kept the same rear rim just did something funky with the sprocket... That means you maybe able to your the sprocket adapter for gear changes.

I just noticed in the pictures above that it looks as if they kept the same rear rim just did something funky with the sprocket... That means you maybe able to your the sprocket adapter for gear changes.
If I get what your saying ( sorry im a lil tired right now) I can use whats there and just change the sprocket? Like I dont need and adapter, I might already have one? If not Plz eplain a lil better. I mean no offense and I apologize if I sound stupid. :bowdown:

You don't sound stupid. There was talk before about the rear wheel being changed but from the pics it looks the same. You maybe able to find a sprocket for that adapter but I don't think you will find the selection that the DB adapter will give you.

For lowering the gear ratio I personally would not recommend increasing the size of the rear sprocket past 70t. This subject has been debated in the past and although some do claim they have had no problems going as high as a 80t on the rear.
I personaly have found that even running slightly lower profile tires and the stock 70t will rub the pavement in a LH corner unless you keep the tire pressure maxed.
If you look closely at the above pic of the Badger rear tire and sprocket you can clearly see that the sprocket to ground clearance is already pushed to the limit. The factory has put what they consider to be the largest possible sprocket they can get away with on the rear. They have even broken a common sense rule that says the sprocket should not be larger than the rim diameter. This rule can be fudged on a bit, But..... when you think about what happens when turning left and what happens with the riders weight and tire compression over sharp edged bumps there are some clearance issues that come into play and this can cause chain-sprocket damage or loss of control in a corner.
After allot of testing and customer feedback I have found that 8.8 to 1 is the best all around gearing for fixing the poor performance of the smaller motor. You would have to run a 96t rear sprocket to get the same gear reduction as a JS system with 13-18t combo.

You don't sound stupid. There was talk before about the rear wheel being changed but from the pics it looks the same. You maybe able to find a sprocket for that adapter but I don't think you will find the selection that the DB adapter will give you.
I'd like to see the sprocket and rear wheel off, that and the sprocket teeth counted. It looks huge but the bolt pattern appears to be the same at the hub, and you can get DB sprockets in several sizes but the adaptor is the best option IMO.:thumbsup:

last night i put on the upgraded brake. It works GREAT, however, there were some issues getting it on. it does just bolt on, however, i had to redo things a couple of times cause of clearance issues and cable kinking. will post some pics later.

also, tonight i am putting on the J/S kit. i'll get some pics also.

i'll count the stock rear sprocket teeth and let you know.

TT

I'd like to see the sprocket and rear wheel off, that and the sprocket teeth counted. It looks huge but the bolt pattern appears to be the same at the hub, and you can get DB sprockets in several sizes but the adaptor is the best option IMO.:thumbsup:
The rear sprocket is a 72t. I have already counted. as of right now I have enuff clearence that I dont ground the sprocket on the road or ruf terrain, however if I lean to the left to far on a turn, I of course ground the sprocket, But I have to lean pretty far, so I would say it is pretty much at it limit. Ill see about taking it off and getting some pics for ya Supernova.

I am thinkin about changing it to a 60t or a 65t after I upgrade to the HF6.5 this winter. But havent done my math yet to see what I really want to do then. What do you guys run on the HF6.5 on your DB's?? and do you use the J/S kit or just clutch to tire?

TT can you plz post pics of the brakes, I will be adding them and would like to see a lil bit what I am dealing with. Thx , Korey

126- this is how NOT :doah: to assemble your chain. I am such a caveman. this simple mistake cost me alot of time :eek:ut:
117- this is how much clearance i have with the swing arm & J/S kit.
other two- upgraded brakes from PROMMOD. fit on well, however, i will have to adjust the hose so that i comes in from the top. i didn't want to start a bleeding process so i am living with this until i do. brake works GREAT. :thumbsup:

TT

PROMODS J/S kit fit great.:thumbsup: Erok000 was right about having two links out of the rear, large chain in the kit. really made the little motor pick up. even made me smile and catch some bugs in my teeth. :laugh: :hammer: PERFECT :hammer: for 90 lbs and first two wheeler. :thumbsup:

right now i have about 5-6 hours on the motor. what is the life expectancy average for these little stock motors? :shrug:

$- 350 for mini, S&H included.
$- 170 for PROMODS J/S kit & brake
$- 8 for a mirror to check the dust eaters behind you :scooter:

this pic- priceless.:thumbsup:-- yeah, hope my wife believes it:no:

TT

this is what the mirror looks like. :scooter: gotta get a light for that mini and go coyote chasing.:blink::blink:

:blink:since my vision :blink:is looking like this pic, i think it's time to hit the hay.

more pics and maybe vid tomorrow

TT:sleeping::sleep1:

126- this is how NOT :doah: to assemble your chain. I am such a caveman. this simple mistake cost me alot of time :eek:ut:
117- this is how much clearance i have with the swing arm & J/S kit.
other two- upgraded brakes from PROMMOD. fit on well, however, i will have to adjust the hose so that i comes in from the top. i didn't want to start a bleeding process so i am living with this until i do. brake works GREAT. :thumbsup:

TT
TT your chain guides are a bit different than mine. Both of yours are welded to the frame, correct? On my bike only the top guide is welded to the frame. The guide on the bottom was just on a lil plate under the motor. I removed it as it of no use with the J/S kit. I just think that ius a lil weird. I also want to get a mirror too!