Shocks really worth it?

I am now debating over a Moose mini bike ( the exact same thing as the DB30 except has front shocks) or just the normal DB 30 without shocks. I called the company that sells the moose mini bikes and they said they would sell me the frame (EVERYTHING except for the engine because I'm going to put a 6.5 in it anyway) for 150$$. I will be doing alot of off road riding, but do front shocks make that much of a difference? What are the ups and downs of having front suspension?

Thanks,
Matt

P.S. I'm sorry about the spelling error in the title, after posting the thread, it doesn't allow you to change the title.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am now debating over a Moose mini bike ( the exact same thing as the DB30 except has front shocks) or just the normal DB 30 without shocks. I called the company that sells the moose mini bikes and they said they would sell me the frame (EVERYTHING except for the engine because I'm going to put a 6.5 in it anyway) for 150$$. I will be doing alot of off road riding, but do front shocks make that much of a difference? What are the ups and downs of having front suspension?

Thanks,
Matt

P.S. I'm sorry about the spelling error in the title, after posting the thread, it doesn't allow you to change the title.
I recently aquired an old Tote Gote. First minibike in 35 years. If you are going to use it off-road then shocks are worth their weight in gold. I'm working on a non-invasive way to add shocks to the Gote. It is just too hard on the hands and butt without them. Street riding no need.

cxbra

Since you are doing off-road, go with the shocks. I am trying to convert my db30 into an on-road monster so i'll stick to the hard ride. I like the stable feeling of a ridid frame for high speeds, and only having to worry about the tires for grip (not worring about getting wobbles on a bump in the middle of a corner).

Its like w/ mountainbikes. The full suspension bikes are nice, but if you dont have a top-end rear shock you feel like your driving ms. Daisy down a hill.

tomsprops

Get the MOOSE ! I have two of them and all of my DB30 friends are kick'n themselves wishiing they had one too ! Those forks work really well on these mini's !

I think someone said in a earlier post those are 125 dollars. Thats a lot more than what the stock DB30 forks cost there 12 bucks. If they were around 75 bucks I would think about it. I,m sure they make the ride better, I now on my DB30 and XL Frijole riding around out back in the field with no suspension gets my vision blurry from all the bouncing around and vibration from the engine.

Front suspension for your DB

Yup ... It was me ... The springer forks were 125.00 ... They went up to 150.00 :doah:... They are also currently out of them ... Call 704-873-6625 ... Ask for Jim

Last edited:
Call Baja Motor sports the did have them for that price. I know there out of rear sprockets and rear wheels right now they could be out of forks by know too. I called them today to get some and there out of them until February, the guy on the phone told me there waiting on a big shipment for China and there moving a lot of inventory from Baja location out west to the new Ohio warehouse.

i dont have a db but i was looking at them in the store and i was thinkin those two flat pieces of steel that hold the forks to the neck look like they would bend i cant believe noone has any problems with that? I also noticed they are somewhat bent in perhaps to prestress/ triangulate them a bit

tomsprops

I don't have any photo's of my Moose now. The computer with my photo's Crashed .Search the forum for" Moose" and you should see the one I put together for Manxsterpaul .
FYI the Moose I just put together has a AGK prepped clone with a TAV2 I purchased used from OldMiniBikes member, Typeone . It should be putting out something like 10-12 HP .
My other Moose has a HondaGX200 from NR Racing which dyno'd @ over 12HP then I had it Blue printed on top of that ! Then I slapped a TAV2 on that one as well !
I call these two " The EVIL Twin's ! :thumbsup: