Side engine mounted kart?????

I am working with a friend of mine on a project and was wondering if anybody on here has a kart with the engine that is mounted beside the seat. I am needing to pick somebody's brain, ask some questions, get some measurements and dimensions, ask some more questions, and say "Why?" a whole bunch.

Would anybody care to help me out???

Sure...you need some pics with measurements? Mine are the Margay style racing karts.
Heck you're in Marietta...just come up Saturday and measure away haha. Better yet make a offer on both of them and get them out of my way!!!

Last edited:
Sure...you need some pics with measurements? Mine are the Margay style racing karts.
Heck you're in Marietta...just come up Saturday and measure away haha. Better yet make a offer on both of them and get them out of my way!!!
Wish you were closer to Tx, I've been kinda looking for a Margay concept.

Why? Because they have a better weight balance. The sidewinder karts are crazy fast compared to the rear-engine karts. So fast, in fact, that they have to be in separate race classes. Once they arrived on the scene in the late 60s rear-engine karts disappeared from competition.

They generally run different tires, too, which helps with speed and cornering.