Sidekick belt drive switcheroo?

I own a Sidekick, and was wondering if there's a way to slip a bit bigger engine in (maybe a predator). Problem is, I don't know how I'd use a clutch. The climb away clutch definetly wouldn't fit and the whole thing is belt drive so I'm confused. Ideas?

Would you mind supplying some pictures of the drivetrain?
It has a Noram Kart racing wet clutch setup on it now.. not complete yet as I'm still in need of a jack shaft install... I takes up similar room as compared to a Torque converter setup... I'll pull some pics from my home computer and load them up here later today..

Just an FYI, I can see the photos fine. That is a very neat set up using a wet clutch like that behind a powersports engine. This will be a nice bike.

The climb away was used on several bikes over the years. Why won't it fit a Predator? PTO size? I don't mess with those engines, but can't you find one in a shaft size commensurate with the Climb Away? If not, it is very common to use late model Comet set ups to power bikes with either obsolete, or proprietary drive systems. The only challenge is incorporating the driven system into whatever jackshaft and sprocket system used to drive the rear wheel. Spacing for example.

Just an FYI, I can see the photos fine. That is a very neat set up using a wet clutch like that behind a powersports engine. This will be a nice bike.

The climb away was used on several bikes over the years. Why won't it fit a Predator? PTO size? I don't mess with those engines, but can't you find one in a shaft size commensurate with the Climb Away? If not, it is very common to use late model Comet set ups to power bikes with either obsolete, or proprietary drive systems. The only challenge is incorporating the driven system into whatever jackshaft and sprocket system used to drive the rear wheel. Spacing for example.
Thanks Dave, it's been a slow build, messing with it when "the urge" comes about here and there.. almost done though.. As you mentioned, I think a Comet setup incorporated to the jackshaft will work fine. I almost went that route until I happened across that wet clutch.

@Therepairist , @RobertC , if you cant see the pics, go to my profile and click on my media, you should see them there..if not, PM me your email and I'll gladly send them your way...

The shaft size for the predator is different for the 6.5 compared to the 3.5. It would be a huge hassle to find said clutch in operating form. That's why I'd want to find a different way to rig the clutch.

Thanks Dave, it's been a slow build, messing with it when "the urge" comes about here and there.. almost done though.. As you mentioned, I think a Comet setup incorporated to the jackshaft will work fine. I almost went that route until I happened across that wet clutch.

@Therepairist , @RobertC , if you cant see the pics, go to my profile and click on my media, you should see them there..if not, PM me your email and I'll gladly send them your way...
I found those pics on media like ya said. Man that bike is sure neat.

I found those pics on media like ya said. Man that bike is sure neat.
Thanks..
I hope you can see how a larger engine may fit in that frame.. really minor mods I think.. also, some Sidekicks had the motor plate mounted below the lower frame rails, (mine was above) If yours is like this, it will be even easier to do.. if you look closely at my pics, you will notice that I took the "hoop" guarding the torque converter driver after I cut it off and mounted it under the engine shroud to protect the engine. I'm building this one to take up to northern MI with me on the family trips and hit the sandy hills up there. I love my Kawasaki Mule for tooling around the lake, but I really want to rip up some hills!
P.S.; If you do go bigger on the engine I HIGHLY recommend you reinforce that motor plate. I added another support tube under the plate to stiffen it up.

Was your bike originally belt drive from the clutch? If so, how did you get from belt drive to torque converter wity a chain? That confuses me greatly.
My bike was a bare frame missing everything to do with clutches, jackshafts etc. if I remember correctly these were torque converter drive with a chain running from the driven to the most forward jack shaft