Simplex Compact Sportsman Minibikes

Hey !!! I just started a group for these nice old vintage minibikes from Simplex Manufacturing, New Orleans, Louisiana.
Appreciate hearing from any of you out there that either have one or just interested in them !
I am currently located in Memphis,Tennessee. Please get onto our group board ! Many Thanks to all of you and this is a really fine place to talk MINIBIKES !!!

When I was about 13 ( 1957 ) I some how ended up with a small mini bike that had a Villars engine that I thought was about 60cc and had a kick start and a gearbox but it was missing the intake and carb as well as the whole exhaust. So the only fun was when my friends would push me around ( That didn't last long ) I don't remember where it went as I got no help from my family as money was tight.
I just bet it was a Simplex Compact. Nothing better looking than the little bikes they put out.

joem

I have what i belive to be a 1962 model a
that i am trying to restore...it is a single front spring model
that im missing some fork parts
if anyone has some good pics of one of these i sure would
like to see them
please pm me

Joe,

Your serial number is stamped into the plate between the steering head tube and the frame tube loops; the center numers are usually the year, such as 63, 64, etc.....

peg

I would like to put this 62 for sale.I know nothing about bikes except it does have compression.Could anyone tell me whats a resonable asking price ? Thank you

I would like to put this 62 for sale.I know nothing about bikes except it does have compression.Could anyone tell me whats a resonable asking price ? Thank you
Stop fishing...no values given on site per rules. Try E-bay.....that will tell you the real value...people guessing on here won't. Either the person wants it and tells you low...or the person can't have it and tells you high. Etc etc...