Skat Kitty engine needed

Dang...I just found out that my 1965 Tecumseh h25 needs more work than I thought. The side exhaust port is all "whollered" out and the threads are gone. So I'm wondering if anyone has a tec. h25 for sale. I want an engine that will still work with the original chain guard. Or if anyone has a part that will screw into the 2 small threaded holes on either side of the exhaust port that will fit the original exhaust pipe.

You can helicoil the threaded hole. :shrug:

OR you can fill the stripped threads with some "Quick Steel" or equivalent instant metal type of stuff, as long as it's the good stuff.. :laugh:

Or the header pipe fitting you mentioned is readily available.. :shrug:

Does the h30 have the same size block as the h25? If that will fit and still accept the original chain guard that may work. I'm in SL just about 20 min from Ypsi. Send me a pm with condition of engine, price and phone number. Thanks

The H30 and 35 side poopers are almost exact same motor.. If ya get the right one.. The only difference is bore and stroke.. HOWEVER one VERY huge difference that can be seen by the naked eye (when being totally anal about a resto) is going to be the 3/4 inch bore PTO shaft.. :facepalm:

And thats gonna bring ya to a screaming halt, because you have to have a 5/8 bore for the Skat Kitty clutch so the Skat Kitty clutch cover can fit over it.. :facepalm:

BUT!! You can have the crank turned down to 5/8 bore.. Yellowhand usually offers to do the machine work free, if you pay shipping both ways... OR you could possibly change out your crank and rod to the new motor, if need be... :shrug: But shipping in a flat rate padded envelope should run ya about 10 bucks round trip..

THEN there is the matter of all of the exterior parts.. You gotta make sure to get the correct flywheel and ignition system styles on the motor, so your parts can be swapped..

BUT.. As long as you have the little aluminum flywheel style motor, (most common) And it's all the same bearing PTO smooth side cover and wanna have your crank turned... An H30 or H35 side pooper could be an awesome candidate for a Skat Kitty Clone Sleeper engine.. :laugh:

Might be good to have for a spare if the price is right.. You can usually find the weird looking plastic air filter, long two piece intake manifold, diaphragm carb, backwards gastank, sidewalk edger motors pretty cheap.. They work if ya want to swap out the edger parts for minibike parts..

Thanks TRK...Lots of good information. I was told I could swap the parts from my H25 onto an H30. I just want an engine that will work with chain guard and exhaust pipe.

james c...if you have an H25 for sale please send me a pm with price, info and cell #. Nice try on getting the chain guard. I'm thinking I need to keep it in a vault until it's installed. Thanks for helping guys