SPD Minicub

This weekend, I turned my Minicub from a collection of loose parts into less loose parts and something that rolls. I probably won't have the body and seat done until spring, but I should have the engine and all mechanicals ready by then.

Check out more of my before and during photos in my album:
SPD Minicub - Old Mini Bikes Photo Gallery

Mini progress on Minicub.

Looking for body isolators... basically solid rubber "donut" 1½" OD x ½" thick w/hole for 5/16" bolt. I found some similar engine isolators with threaded inserts, but not the basic ones. :shrug: Any help appreciated.

Did you check with McMaster Carr they might have a good variety.
Steve :scooter:
M-C is where I found the engine isolators with the threaded inserts. So far I didn't find any plain "donuts", but they have some tubular material (1½" OD w/3/8" hole) that I could probably use if I can figure out a way to cleanly slice off ½" lengths.

Getting close... still need to work out some issues with throttle and brake cables, rub out paint and install decals. Slowly, but surely.

I finally was able to display (and ride) all the Sperry trikes last week. First public showing of the Mincub since completed.

View attachment 54807

There was supposed to be another guy bringing a Sperry Wedge 6X6 but he was a no-show. I was hoping for a complete Sperry family reunion... oh well maybe next time.

those sure are some nice trikes, those are some funny tires on the left one i bet it does good in mud
Those tires are 16x14.5-6 Goodyear terra tires. I don't think that they've been made since the 70s, so are pretty hard to find usable ones now. Based on that, there's probably not any mud in their future. :smile:

Spd

I finally was able to display (and ride) all the Sperry trikes last week. First public showing of the Mincub since completed.

View attachment 54807

There was supposed to be another guy bringing a Sperry Wedge 6X6 but he was a no-show. I was hoping for a complete Sperry family reunion... oh well maybe next time.
If you're interested, I can complete the family at a show with a SPD Wedge!