Speaker Headlight for Gilson/Wards/AllisChalmers

capguncowboy

These don't pop up very often, so hopefully someone that needs one will get what they've been looking for.

Speaker Headlight for Gilson. Has bolts, but missing the bracket. The rubber surround is cracked and chipped (see pics), there is a small dent in the back and the chrome has small little specs of rust.

This would make a nice rider-quality light.

$25 OBO +$6 shipping

capguncowboy

It is 12v, but I think the bulb might be blown. I couldn't get it to show life using a jumper battery.

A replacement bulb should be an easy part to find though. I'll ship it for free if you're still interested

EDIT: I can see the little filament rolling around inside the bulb. It will definitely need a new bulb.

Last edited:
You can convert the bad bulb to a led bulb If you carefully drill the back out. You can get a diamond bit either 3/4 or 1" at home depot. Need a drill press.

capguncowboy

You can actually buy a 4-1/4" bulb with a replaceable lamp. They sell LED lights that fit the fixtures. I know this because I had put one on my 69 Rupp. However, after reading a bit more, LED lights don't last long on a lighting coil. The variations in voltage kill them. If you're using a battery to regulate the voltage, then it's not a problem, but I didn't want to go that route.