speedway minicycle

fistfullabar

I like to send a BIG THANK YOU to OldMiniBikes supporting member AJF who if ya can get him too built me some super sick wheel spacers this guy is on point and will make you even more happy with your bike:thumbsup: and thanks to ATKRIDER my thread is super interesting now and im getting schooled:thumbsup:So to all the manic mini bikers here stay tuned we bout ta wrap this 1 up:scooter:should be good for 44 more years :laugh: Dont worry Bill i wont take that long to change the oil again:doah:

Sorry for the delay but we need to get back to this-

ARC rod went in without a hitch-

Pretty much buttoned up the short block. Sorry I didn't get into setting the valve lash but I did that way back when and both are at .007" EXACTLY. I find it much easier to do without all the guts in the block-just the cam.

Well next is the ignition. I just replaced the coil, points and condenser with new stuff. Pretty much makes at all fool proof that way and since we were there why not. Setting the timing is next and I find this to be the easiest and most accurate way-

Well Vic did me the favor of sending me the carb as well. Unfortunately someone along the way felt the need to take the pin out next to the main jet and fill the hole with epoxy. Sorry but that doesn't work so now we need a period correct carb. Lucky for Vic I have some spare parts-

Back in just a bit-

Sorry I had to get some more coffee.

Anyway I got a carb built that should look and function just right. I had to make a throttle link and set the static governor adjustment. Unfortunately Some of this has to come back off so I can ship it back so Vic is probably going to get schooled in governor adjustment 101 over the phone-

Well about the last thing before I box this engine up is to put the cylinder head on. Oh and not just ANY cylinder head mind you but a nice vintage GEM piece. It really surprises me what turns up sometimes. I never thought that the 2 of these heads that I own would EVER see one of their long lost brothers but it was like a family reunion-

Well I just couldn't bring myself to use one of those NEW type head gaskets on this build. Besides I know that 3 of the head bolts are going to get broke loose so Vic can put his blower housing on and the new type gaskets don't fare well with being torqued and untorqued and retorqued so me being the nice guy that I am I decided to "sacrifice" one of my new OLD type head gaskets. They are a lot more forgiving-

Well some new stainless bolts and that about wraps this engine up. Now I have to box it up for a SAFE 1200 mile trip back down south-

Well now all we need to do is wish it a safe trip and by the end of next week it should be getting some oil put in it and the rest will be history. Thanks for the opportunity to help you with this one Vic. Bill Kraft :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

fistfullabar

WOW looks super stunning we will just stare at it for a couple days sorry Bill the bank would not take the last 100$ in 20$ but i got a new stack so you b getting that real soon sir just got back from 2 jobs today

BTW-I hope you either own one of these or can borrow one?? Cause your gonna have to torque those 3 head bolts back to 200 in. lbs. (16.5 ft. lbs.). Sorry but I am not a big fan of "Yea-it feels about right"-

Oh and "Thank You". I am working on boxing this thing up so it survives the trip. I honestly feel like packaging is one of the hardest parts. I think I have everything together that we discussed-if not than I will make it right. Dam I think I am actually going to miss this thing-it was starting to grow on me or maybe it was the bench it was growing to. :confused: