Sport King Eric Bearkat Twister (Vintage Class)

If there needed to be another reason not to buy Chinese Knock-offs! The reason the Bearkat didn't move, was all due to Broken Bushings and Electrolysis, Like Metals and moisture not a good mix!! The funny thing about this clutch The bushings are 20 bucks from BMI, or I can get a new knock off clutch on Ebay for 35 bucks and free shipping!! I am still replacing this guy with a good Comet from OldMiniBikes.. 20180304_083610.jpg

While I am waiting for my new Clutch from OldMiniBikes I rebuilt the import.. Now seeing I had a good clutch I figured it was time for the first ride.. I still has some sorting but what a nice riding little bike, I expect to be 100% finished next weekend! 20180309_105327.jpg 20180309_105344.jpg 20180309_105518.jpg

Nice work, Eric. that's a beautiful example of a Twister...
Thanks Richard! its just down to the tinkering.. when I get my final clutch I'll adjust the drivetrain and tweak the jackshaft as it has a little hop in it, and its running a little fat at full throttle.. Other than that its a nice bike, reminds of a 70's motocross bike..

delray

nice.......:thumbsup:
i like how it incorporates the factory square tank. that had to be quite the bike back in it's hay day when it
came out.....:scooter:

nice.......:thumbsup:
i like how it incorporates the factory square tank. that had to be quite the bike back in it's hay day when it
came out.....:scooter:
Its a good rider.. I had it out today in nice weather, shaking it down.. no issues and its pretty fast, I would guess at least 35 / 40 and that's moving a lot of chain...

Can't wait to see and hear it. i hope you do the video soon.
Thanks Richard, I think if the weather holds I'll do it next weekend.. It a good runner, and surprisingly Fast, and it rides well, because of the ground clearance you can lean it into the curves.. I think I'm going to pull the governor off my 750 and see which bike is faster!!