Sport King Eric's - 1970 Sport King - (Vintage Class)

I have the frame at Sandblast and Powder Coat, so not much to see.. but I did sort my engine and axles this weekend, so they are all ready to go when I get the bike back.. Just a quick new head gasket, check out the bore, check the compression, Rebuild the Carb, remove the tank and shoot it with some Black paint.. and were done with the engine and it even runs! I welded up my back axle... and the front is a Stock BMI hub, the back is a BMI hub with a Sprocket hub and a 1 3/8 spacer pressed in between the 2 then welded!! good progress.. 20170107_133328.jpg 20170115_133108.jpg 20170115_133243.jpg

Today was the day.. I ran the Sport King after I fitted the chain guard, and Brakes.. just need to paint the chain guard and seal the tank.. as a seam leak popped up as the fuel bounces around.. but I had figured that would happen so I have some tank sealer running around...but all and all the bike worked as it should.. it ran, stopped and the Kill button worked... so I'm 20170204_130928.jpg happy!

Great work Eric. What color you going with on the chain guard?

You're going to single handedly restore ALL those bikes ever made, aren't you. Lol!

I'm going with Silver for the chain guard as that was the original color they came with (seems a little weird but I'll see what it looks like..) The Sport King rides like a big bike should the tires act as suspension and smooth out the whole thing.. But the Sport King bike doesn't ride as well as a Terra-Cat.. and I think that has to do with the overall weight of the bike the Terra-cat has about 30 lbs extra compared to the Sport King...