Spring Fling 2016 April 29 thru May 1st. Deep South Speedway

I transferred these pics up from my phone...so let's see how these work out. I typically use my standalone camera, this is my first time uploading phone pics.

I had a great time...and can't wait to do it again :thumbsup:

Tom and the gang:

Track entrance/exit/ hangout spot !

Seemed there was always someone on the track having fun...I looked one time, and there were girls only :thumbsup:

Getting in the groove...

"Crab Ball" anyone ?

Crab ball kickoff.....you shoulda' seen it.....looked like a mini bike 'moshpit' :laugh: !!

Crab Ball took a direct fender hit....

Mini Bike's are for fun !!...and fun was had by all !!!

Rick (chatten63), Heather, Glen (SandCracker), Katie, and Mike (MikeR)....looking at Ricks gorgeous vt-5, and talking mini bikes

Where it all went down :laugh:

Tom's mini's

57' chevy anyone ?

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. It was great meeting everyone again and some new members too. The weather was great. Those lawn tractor races were the ticket. That track was a blast to run on but my legs and hips are still sore. I think the lext time we will go down the road a 1/2 mile and stay in the motel. The Maxwell drip tent was not the ideal sleeping. It was hard to leave but we decided to get heading home early. We put almost 2200 miles on this trip. Thanks for the longest travels trophy. I will get a pic posted. Thanks again everyone for the memories.

buckeye

I really would like to thank each person who attended both in person and in spirit.

Considering how the week started with the usual road blocks I seem to run into, things really turned out for the better.
The facilities and it's owners seem to be top notch folks.
No drama!
The really enjoyed the little show we put on and are eager to host us again.

I was ready to say, never again am I doing this.
But, with much encouragement and prodding, they talked me into it.
So, look for a upcoming Fall event guaranteed to be a blast.

The winners of the awards.
Thanks to 3g Fabrications for making the trophies. Or knowing someone who knew someone.
Small Town Speed for the 50 dollar vouchers for purchase of Aussie Speed parts.
Very kind of all of you.

Traveled furthest distance. .Rick Chatter 1000+Trophy
Best Vintage..RobertC, for his Heald VT10 Trophy
Most original Vintage..Ron Alexander 50$ Voucher.
Best Rat Bike...#9 out of the 3g Fabrications Garage Trophy
Tough luck..Allison Connor..poor girl wanted to ride her Baja Warrior so bad..Trophy
Best Vintage Resto..Goober Head, Me, Fox Campus..Trophy
Small Town Speed also sent two tshirts.
One went to Eli McDuffie, 9 I think. Rode all day long on the track with his Doodlebug with the big boys and never left his line.
Other one to David Sain, that boy at 16 or so, was the fastest fearless rider out there.
Another young guy just getting started Derrick Turk received the Up and Coming award.
First real time riding with others on a track. Hung right in there while MikeR spotted him and challenged him.
50$ Voucher for parts upgrade on his Predator.

And last but not least, Best of Show...Chipper for his Roper.
This was a overwhelming no question what so ever winner.

Thanks again until Fall.

Uncle Buck we love ya and thank you ! It was beyond a blast , running that track under the lights till 1 am was crazy fun ! Can't wait till the fall meet !

This is the Awesome 3G trophy ( Isaiah made ) that I was so honored to receive for Best Custom Mini Bike , real proud that the guys thought enough of my bike , Thanks Angelo