Stainless Steel Tom Thumb

I finally had time to weld up the front forks today and mock up a roller. Now I need to buff out the welds on the front end and then start machining the wheel hubs. :hammer:

I want to stick with the original plans and I have a few Ohlsson & Rice engines so I will have to get one running. :hammer:

My second choice would be a Zenoah or a Comer.

Last edited:
Great little ride. What are you going to use for the gas tank, and are you going to mount it in the original behind-the-seat location?

When you grow tired of that highbright finish blinding you in the sun I'll take it off your hands! We need a green with envy smiley icon! I have followed this thread some and saw where your Dad welded that sweet SS much respect to you guys! Master craftsmen!

what trans are you going to use,?:bowdown::bowdown:
It looks like I am going to run the jackshaft that is in the original plans. I will have to make all of the components out of stainless including the sprockets and polish them. I think that a gold chain would look good with the stainless. :wink:

I am just debating whether to make an adapter for the engine crankshaft to mount the clutch or machine a new crankshaft section with a 1/2" output shaft. If I machine a new crank half then I will need to machine a new side cover also to accept the 1/2" output shaft. :doah: