Stock Rod Strength

ok I just dont want the throttle to be so agressive that its unrideable once I take the gov out. also I noticed the motor has alot of engine brake has anyone else felt this?

I just got done riding it and I got bored so I pushed the govenor arm back by hand and it seemed to rev way past 3600rpm I didnt stay on the gas to long though because I didnt want to screw anything up. Im definatley taking the govenor off soon.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I just got done riding it and I got bored so I pushed the govenor arm back by hand and it seemed to rev way past 3600rpm I didnt stay on the gas to long though because I didnt want to screw anything up. Im definatley taking the govenor off soon.
It may have went up to about 4500, but it seems like a whole lot. Most of the scary feel may be from your gearing making it out of control, or it may just need more riding time under your belt.

MDB I have alot of riding experiance, I race dirtbikes and have been doing it for about 13 years. Im no expert on minibike motors though. My gearing hasnt been changed since I swapped the motor but the briggs and clone have a hole different bottom end power delivery. The motor was probably reving out to 5500 or so it had alot more left in it but I backed off, I thought it was strange though that it would rev that high when it still has the gov?

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
MDB I have alot of riding experiance, I race dirtbikes and have been doing it for about 13 years. Im no expert on minibike motors though. My gearing hasnt been changed since I swapped the motor but the briggs and clone have a hole different bottom end power delivery. The motor was probably reving out to 5500 or so it had alot more left in it but I backed off, I thought it was strange though that it would rev that high when it still has the gov?
It's just the gearing scaring you
It's makes you think the motor is screaming, or the bike seems to be out of control with so much power.

Dirtbikes are totally different from minibikes. I have let guys fun ride my slowest minibike, only to crash on it. And these guys ride motorcycles, and dirtbikes.

What you should do is totally remove the govenor, and install a billet rod. Be safe, and have fun.

I hear ya MDB, I plan on removing the govenor and getting a billet rod in a few weeks along with some other mods. I think I just need to get used to the motor, its alot different than my old one.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I hear ya MDB, I plan on removing the govenor and getting a billet rod in a few weeks along with some other mods. I think I just need to get used to the motor, its alot different than my old one.
I can only wish my bikes were hard to handle for me. Once you get use to it, then you want to upgrade, and it never stops. 10 years later BLAM!