Super Bronc cleanup

I'm looking for advice on my Super Bronc cleanup project.

1) What is the best way to clean out nasty varnished plastic gas tanks?
2) Is fine steel wool the best option for chrome restoration?
3) I'm not going to do a complete frame paint yet. Is there a good matching touch-up paint available?

4) I'm missing the flywheel trim cover, clutch cover, and intake / carb gaskets for now. Where do you guys go for SB parts? :confused1:

Last edited:

Motra

1. Spray carburetor cleaner in there, shake it around and dump it out. Might need to do it more than once.
2. There's chrome polish available that does an amazing job.
3. If you're real picky, go to an auto body supply place and have it matched. Otherwise just pick out the closest you can find.
4. Flywheel and intake parts are Tecumseh and the cover is probably Comet. PartsTree.com for Tecumseh.

This is the best resource for Super Bronc parts: Power Tec Replacement Parts | Kimball Hauler | Heald Hauler | Chi Products | Haulmaster Hauler | Pug | Super Bronc | Trail Bronc | Heald Hauler Parts | Super Bronc Parts | Super Tryke Parts | Haulmaster Hauler Parts

Ron of Power Tec says the original color is International Harvester red. That may be available at a auto parts or tractor parts place.

Thanks Motra and besk

Hey Motra, do you have a name for the chrome polish you use? Cornbinder red should be no problem besk, thx.

about the cover- BMIKARTS.COM -i just ordered mine from therm, its called the tav30. $15. there is some modification necessary but it will work after trimming and bootom edge slot modification. kc57 sent me two images of the moded one ill forward to you if youre interested (pm me). btw, with ebay you can come up with some good deals and keep some jingle in your pocket if you key word your engine model. and oh yah- get a couple o books too!
-freezerburn