Symco car show and minibike drags

You may have seen the thread about the minibike drags in Symco, Wisconsin.
The drags is just a small part of the overall event.The grounds of the show is a replica of a town from days gone by.
Very cool,working blacksmith shop all ran by belts,post office,general store,police and fire departments and lots of other buildings just full of old stuff.All the cars in the show are pre 1964.Swapmeet,food,bands,pinup girl contest.and camping onsite.Also a camping area that is vintage campers only,it was like walking into a campground in the late 50's early 60's.
It was our first time there and won't be our last,met up with some OldMiniBikes members we knew and ones we just met.JR and I had a blast.Well worth the drive.

The event is very "minibike friendly" besides the parade/s for the mini's,you can pretty much ride anywhere except in the main part of the car show .

Last edited:
:confused: Flamethrowers? Rocket drive? Vape accessory?
That is my buddy Tony's car '59 El Camino... Flame throwers, it's so he doesn't melt the paint and taillights out of his car again. He broke an ignitor on Thursday so he wasn't able to participate on Saturday night..

Last edited:
That is my buddy Tony's car '59 El Camino... Flame throwers, it so he doesn't melt the paint and taillights out of his car again. He broke an ignition on Thursday so he wasn't able to participate on Saturday night..
Thanks! I'd sure like to see those things lit up. It's a lovely car, these look so cool w/fender skirts. But isn't it a 1960? The fins in 1960 had a break in the middle and round tail lights. 1959 fins had a continuous curve across the back of the car and cat-eye tail lights. Here's a photo of a '59.