Taco 100

I wanted this to be in the build off but I forgot to take the picture with sign in it so it too late per rules.
This bike belongs to suicycle and a lot of the parts also came from members.
Starting with a frame from taco Bill, a seat from KBS8ball, motor from eBay.

Last edited:
I glass bead blasted the frame/swing arm and painted them a purple I found at OSH and I've used before, at the time I owned it but didn't have a fork and was just gonna wing it with whatever I found.

Fast forward someHow I traded it back to Eric (suicycle), I found a complete fork on eBay with a buy it now one morning, freaked out I bought it on my account even though I didn't have any money, Eric payed for it and it came to my house.

So about now is when shit got serious, he wanted to go with a powder coat job so we looked around locally and decided on the place in Palmdale that did my arco. This is called purple illusion this picture doesn't do it justice, it's was pricey ($300) because there's a coat of silver first then the purple after when its in the sun it's amazing. My orange was done the same way but I don't think it came out as good as this.

Here's the engine, a restored 1968 Briggs 5hp, it was a lot of money too after a bidding war.

And let me just add that a lot of the fun here was the hunt for all of various parts and what not, if anyone can even call it fun:rolleyes:

Sent from Sony Ion using Tapatalk 2

Neck

Growing up is optional
No....don't say it, must resist!
That (Those?) are REALLY sweet 100's. Someday I have just got to finish mine!

Yeah this tire is awesome!, I might use one someday if I ever need it, it won't fit a bonanza!
Here's the bracket I made to keep the backing plate in place, and utilize the cable housing stop on the swingarm.

I sourced and trimmed down brass flanged bushings for the neck, and shimmed it all together so it nice and tight, it's the little things right?

Nothing? I thought you guys would be all over this thread, here it is safe in the minivan on the way to its new home, it's now safe in his living room. We're still gonna try another front tire later to try to match the rear one better, and add the rear axle tensioners the rear wheel keeps walking forward.