Taco Party !

tomsprops

TacoDon stop by this week to help Catalog my ID's and frames for his site. Steenstacominibikes.com if you've never seen it . I pulled 21 assorted Taco's out and arranged them by model and year . Don is a walking historian for Taco minibikes ! We had a blast playing "Minibike CSI" figuring out changes in manufactoring processes over the years. Good times ! :eek:ut:

Tom : I did notice that the big gate was closed off from prying eyes. Yet you let us see your collection and impressive it is.
But having Taco's in Los Angles is like having snowmobiles in Alaska, it is as easy as falling off the Craigslist log LOL It was up to places like Sears and Montgomery Ward's to spread the mini bikes across the country. And possibly places like Rupp who had a very active dealership network who made dealers sign up and stock parts for their machines is the reason so many NOS parts still exist today. But jealousy put aside thanks for the inside look. Steve :scooter:

tomsprops

I do like my privacy ! After all I do live in LA ! Lucky for me I have Great neighbors we all look out for each other and mind our own bussines .
Don, doesn't mind my " Need for Speed " OHV motor's ! He's been out to our races to watch us RUN and to visit with Mac and myself .
I think what I liked about it most was finding out a few of my Taco's probally still had the original motors intact ! He really know's his Minibikes ! :thumbsup:

Taco CSI??

I saw no clue of the elusive S-100, 102, or the F-85 in the pictures. Perhaps they are behind glass, or lock and key, Haha. Nice collection for us to drool over. I guess you're figuring out which are the valuable ones to keep and then what, sell the others or put clones on them for the races...Will this someday be a restoration business for you? Taco Joe's got to get his fossils somewhere!:eek:ut:

tomsprops

After I down-loaded the photo's I had wished I had opened the Gate to let more light in.Seems like I lost 8-10 frames are in the dark ! :doah:
I do like my Taco's !