Take a ride in a 58 Caretta........

TomH

Thanks for the ride, that was a gas.:thumbsup: She runs great. Could of swore I saw a 58 Chev Impala in the parking lot.

Yes I am. The Mc92 is all "freshened up" and ready to roll. Are you going to be there?
First off apologies to pindrive for hijacking his thread. Badass Caretta by the way :thumbsup:

My friend with the 63 R900 and I were planing on coming at least as spectators on Sat. I'm now thinking about swinging by on Thur or Fri to take a closer look at your cart. My friend was talking about possibly bringing our Bonanza inspired "fun" karts we built just to display and strike up some conversations. I don't want to bring mine if it will be disrespectful to the real vintage karts at the event. Obviously being new construction and having 4 cycle clones they are not "vintage" but they are "vintage" inspired. Any thoughts on how well that might or might not go over with the other participants?

Here's a couple pics of my kart in various states of completion. Hopefully I will get my Go Powers painted and installed in time for the show if we do go.

Last edited:
First off apologies to pindrive for hijacking his thread. Badass Caretta by the way :thumbsup:

My friend with the 63 R900 and I were planing on coming at least as spectators on Sat. I'm now thinking about swinging by on Thur or Fri to take a closer look at your cart. My friend was talking about possibly bringing our Bonanza inspired "fun" karts we built just to display and strike up some conversations. I don't want to bring mine if it will be disrespectful to the real vintage karts at the event. Obviously being new construction and having 4 cycle clones they are not "vintage" but they are "vintage" inspired. Any thoughts on how well that might or might not go over with the other participants?

Here's a couple pics of my kart in various states of completion. Hopefully I will get my Go Powers painted and installed in time for the show if we do go.
I don't think it would be too dis-respectful to bring them. I know I would enjoy seeing them....Maybe make some kind of a sign to stand with them that tells the story. Where is the original?

I don't think it would be too dis-respectful to bring them. I know I would enjoy seeing them....Maybe make some kind of a sign to stand with them that tells the story. Where is the original?

Friend still has the original but it has a 100% stock clone on it at the moment. I posted up pics before.

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/m...4-does-anyone-have-pic-bonanza-go-kart-2.html

We would most likely bring it as well but it will be hard to fit 3 karts in one tiny truck.

Well it was in the plans for me to go too, but I am still dog sitting a pair of my neighbors dogs.
The track looks just perfect for the vintage Karts and Heidi is having a great ride in that Bug Sprint. Send more when you can.
Steve :scooter:

Here's my 17 year old, Heidi, taking my Mc91 powered Bug Sprint for a ride...

Heidi on the Bug Sprint - YouTube
Looks so much slower on video then in person.

Was nice meeting you guys on Thurs. Sorry we weren't able to get our karts out in time for you to see them. Here's a couple of pics of them from Sat.

I'll probably post up a build thread and some more pics in a few days so as not to keep hijacking pindrive's thread.