Tecumseh angled intake

I found an angled intake for a Tecumseh H40. Will this fit a H50, or do I need to find a H40? I bought it for a Fox Doodlebug that I'm restoring. :huh:

Motra

It won't work on the HS50 engine. The HS50 engine has a larger port so the HS40 manifold leaves a small gap towards the bottom. Intake air leaks are NO GOOD. There's a HS50 angled manifold on eBay right now but it'll probably go for quite a bit, I think they're a bit more rare. If you've got the dinero it'd definately be worth buying if you want to use the HS50, you don't see them very often for that engine.

There is an option........

I bought a Bird mini cycle at a garage sale and it came with a new HS50 on it and also the original H40 , the 4HP had a bolt thread broken so some lawnmower shop used the intake off the H40 for the HS50 and put on a crude adapter plate to cover the slightly bigger hole. (bolts are the same.)

I took the plate off and shaped and smoothed the inside window for flow and outside for looks then slightly reamed the intake on the engine side. It actually works damn good and the engine has lots of power and never gave me any problems.

Before and after pic's.

Last edited:
It'd be worth if for somebody to buy that intake on ebay and send it to Jim at BlackWidow Motorsports and maybe he could reproduce it like he did the rupp hs40 intake.

I've taken the easy way out. A dellorto :thumbsup:

GTO: You ever heard of almualoy? This stuff works great! I was able to save a few engines already with this stuff.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Aluminum-WELDING-Without-Flux-NEW-ALUMALOY-1-2-10-Rods_W0QQitemZ280302317513QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item280302317513&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

This stuff could also be used to make the "corner" piece on the HS40 intake to fit the HS50 engine.

Last edited:
It'd be worth if for somebody to buy that intake on ebay and send it to Jim at BlackWidow Motorsports and maybe he could reproduce it like he did the rupp hs40 intake.

I've taken the easy way out. A dellorto :thumbsup:

GTO: You ever heard of almualoy? This stuff works great! I was able to save a few engines already with this stuff.
Aluminum?WELDING?Without Flux?NEW ALUMALOY 1/2#(10)Rods - eBay (item 280302317513 end time Feb-12-09 17:18:22 PST)

This stuff could also be used to make the "corner" piece on the HS40 intake to fit the HS50 engine.
There are new production intakes already ($40) and I have the aluminum rods and the stuff doesn't work as well as advertised and cant be trusted for strength.

I showed the most cost effective way and IT WORKS.

I agree the plate is more cost effective. I got one from brandt awhile back but came across a dellorto and that plate will be used to make the intake for that.

Where can you get the HS50 slanted intake for $40? I know you can get the repro HS40 ones.

GTO, do you mean there are angled intakes being reproduced for the H50? If so, where can I get one? I believe my Fox came with a 4hp Tecumseh, but I already have a 5hp, and would prefer more power.