Tecumseh carbs on 5hp B&S flatheads?

I've heard about this being done, and I've seen pictures, what Tecumseh carburetors and manifolds would you be able to put on a 5hp Briggs and have it run fine?

I need an alternative to the tank mounted to the carb that the Briggs have.

Thanks,

Clayton

I just picked up my Rotary carburetor today from the post office and I will be trying to retro-fit it to my 1997 Briggs Industrial Plus motor.
Let know how it goes. :thumbsup: My motor would be around the same as yours, what model Tecumseh motors did the rotary carbs come on :shrug:

trailramdan

Nope I had tank issues , had nowhere to mount the tank on the purple bike. I picked up engine mounted tank and carb the intake is on the shelf

125ccCrazy

if you can find the right i.d tilly billet intake for the briggs a tec carb will bolt up to it... some of the intakes have a hole or a notch for the pulse on the tilly but those can be filled with jb and will work fine..

Good to know 125cc, but The Restore Kid said he could hook me up with everything, ready to run so I should be set. :thumbsup: Thanks for the help guys. :thumbsup:

What model Tecumseh motors did the rotary carbs come on :shrug:
I believe most H & HS series engines came with Lauson carburetors.
I think Lauson eventually became a division of Tecumseh.

Rotary makes copies of the Lauson carburetors and other small engine parts like magnetos & such.

Last edited:
So I got the motor back together and running. It was fairly simple and the only real modification was the air cleaner bolt holes were angled, so I slotted them to fit.

The choke lever is disabled because it got in the way of the air cleaner assembly. It currently runs on E85 pump fuel and the fumes are so strong it only takes about six pulls to fire up.

So it still looks factory stock and that's what I wanted. Governor is hooked up and working quite well.

And here is the latest test run video:

Governor functioning properly on the E85 pressure washer engine - YouTube