Tecumseh H70 Billet connecting Rods!

These are being made right now and will be available in the next weeks. Up for sale only a couple being made, Billet H70 connecting rods. Dont let this happen to you! check the pics, if interested contact pdlsa10@aol.com

OK,I have to ask.Why did he make it just like the stock one.If he would have put the bolts on the bottom instead of the side like that it would be even stronger.

Believe it or not this design(rod bolts coming from the side) is significantly stronger. The older tec motors were straight, they changed them to the slanted design to reduce rod failures. Its good to see someone making a nice rod, maybe there will be alot of interest in it, and the guy will make more!

Last edited:
My friend and I are actually the guys who are making these rods. The bolts on the side are how the H70 Tecumseh was originally produced... This was done for two reasons, for strength and to clear the cam with the larger stroke. (Tecumseh solved the clearance problem but came up a little sort on the strength).
The H50 and H60 have the bolts on the bottom of the rod and did not have clearance problems with the decreased stroke...
This is cheap insurance for you classic Tecumseh, especially if you are running a Dellorto or a bike with no governor!

Yeah the bigger stroke that makes sense.The 8HP Rod was made like that too but when I bought the billet rod for mine it has the bolts on the bottom.You definitely make a nice rod and I have a 7HP that I would like to get sleeved. Do you know what one of the rods cost shipped Thanks.

I will have a price determined by next week.

I am unsure what other application that this rod can be used in other the H70 rotation assembly.

These engines are becoming more difficult to find and costly to replace, a billet rod is “cheap” insurance

george3

will it fit an H60? if so im interested as well
H70 has a longer stroke than a h60. I think the H70-H100 has the same stroke but the journals might be different. need to look it up on a chart. cant you just measure the rods? or match them up?

The rods will be ready in about two weeks. We are only making 40. I have 22 pre sold. If you are interested please email me at pdlsa10@aol.com

. We are also making a reproduction of the Rupp two speed set up used in 1968 and 1969. All of the parts are identical to the Rupp set up except for the internal workings of the clutch. This will be a true bolt in set up, including the front and rear clutches.
Stay tuned….

H70 has a longer stroke than a h60. I think the H70-H100 has the same stroke but the journals might be different. need to look it up on a chart. cant you just measure the rods? or match them up?
I just took my 7HP rod off the piston and your right george. I put it on top of my 8HP rod and they are identical the 7 is a H70 the 8 is a HM80.Even the journals were the same