Tecumseh HS50 verses H50

Isn't this an H-50? It's much wider but the engine is to hard to get to right now to look up the model. :doah:
That looks to be a H50 GTO. They have the bigger flywheel and cover. You can also tell from the PTO side the case sticks out with the oil fill on top. I think they are 10-15 lbs heavier than the HS50 too.

Where do you guys get headers for your tecumsehs? I seem to have a really hard time finding aftermarket parts for the Tec's, but perhaps I am not looking in the right places. Will briggs headers fit tecumseh ports? I will check myself, but perhaps somebody knows off of the top of their head. I got a rebuilt tec H50 with a lighting coil not too long ago for my speedway resto. I have not heard it run yet, but when spring comes I am going to start it up. I have a tec HS50 as well and you guys are right, the H50 is WAY bigger and heavier than the HS50. Big difference.

I run tecumseh HS blocks on my Rupps and I run the straight pipe Rupp used one them. I buy my stuff from Rupp parts. Brandt has about everything needed to hot rod the HS40or HS50.

Brandt's the man when it comes to Tecumseh's and Rupps. He,s got a wealth of knowledge on them. And that why it hard to get of hold of him sometimes everybody want to talk to him and nobody Else at Ruppparts.

george3

H50 has a bigger bore? than HS50 how could that be. both 5HP. does anybody have a specs. chart on this engine or the 6HP h60 engine should list the torque on them. the bonanza I am building I have 4 choises of engines to use the first choise is a tecumseh h60 engine. would like to know the difference in preformance from the hs50-h50 and the hs60-h60 the h60 is kind of heavy.