Tecumsem 4hp

george3

I never had a tec. 4hp. dont like the 3hp, 3 1/2 too weak 4hp dont know and 5 dont know in the tecumseh line up. went to the site but it dosent come up no more was going to check out the torque differences.

george3

wanted the difference in the torque in the 3-5hp engines I use to have that info in my favorites but cant get on the tecumseh site that has the info I am looking for. Iwant to put something on a taco 44 this engine will look the best. but I want 5-6hp but they wont fit so 4hp it is or a 6.5.

Dad just sold that same engine on ebay a few months back. New in the box. And in my opinion it bombed like $160 I think. He should have painted it white or black and put the old decals on it.

But it will haul you around. My Wards bike with a H35 haules me around just fine. It's 6:1 but if I was going to use it much I would gear it down.:smile

wanted the difference in the torque in the 3-5hp engines I use to have that info in my favorites but cant get on the tecumseh site that has the info I am looking for. Iwant to put something on a taco 44 this engine will look the best. but I want 5-6hp but they wont fit so 4hp it is or a 6.5.
A HS50 is the same size as your 40. You could go that route.. If you can find one...

george3

the guy wants 100.00 for it. I am considering it. I thought someone might have the specs. on the 3-5 hp engines

Last edited: