Tell me about it!

Got this little gem when I was 12 or 13. Now 24, decided it'd be a fun project to take on. What specifically do I have on my hands? Other than a definite project.. Pull cord stuck out, rear wheel seized up, throttle sticks, etc

Any info would be awesome, I know these have some history. Glad I found this site, thanks in advance!:thumbsup:

Won't let me post URLs??????

I'm gonna take a guess without even seeing a picture. If I get it right, it will make me the greatest "What is It" answerer of all time..

Bonanza BC1100

Wooohooo!!!! I almost nailed it !!!!!!
I was gonna say Bird but saw he lived in Cali so I went with the odds...figured a Nebraska bike would be less likely.

I did that with Jeopardy one time...I said the answer to final Jeopardy during the commercial break without ever seeing the question... I just said "Abe Lincoln"or something and it was right. :biggrin:

If only I could find a way to turn this amazing talent into money! I've lost every sports bet I ever made :doah:

Anyway...cool bike Billy Billy Billy...clean it up and enjoy it.

The lower brochure is an earlier brochure. Yours has mid pegs so it is like the upper brochure. Tire size was a difference. Since you don't have the original engine but you do have the original General Jumbo tires size 5.30 X4.50 -6 then yours is a BC 1300

wow kkk was almost dead on :laugh::laugh:
After I made my crazy prediction he clicked on my name and sent me a PM and asked if I could help him post his pics. He sent me a link to his Smugmug album and I busted out laughing. I said these guys are never gonna believe it but it's the Gospel truth...Billy is my witness :biggrin:

Just dumb luck ...(and no comment from Cheezy necessary)

Thanks for the help KustomKart!

I have very little experience w engines so this will be my foray into a new world, looking forward! I have a pretty messy schedule, but hopefully I can tear into her pretty soon.

That's the desirable "raised letter" badge..in great shape too.. a million scratches on the forkplate and none of them hit it :laugh: Jackshaft is all there...recoil is an easy fix. That's a super bike to have...pure California.

Seriously you should spend a whole day just washing and cleaning that bike...get a gallon of Evaporust for the chrome fenders, some aluminum wheel cleaner...and compound and wax the frame, get the seat fixed...you will be surprised how nice that bike will be. You can always do a full resto on it down the road.

Last edited:
That's the desirable "raised letter" badge..in great shape too.. a million scratches on the forkplate and none of them hit it :laugh: Jackshaft is all there...recoil is an easy fix. That's a super bike to have...pure California.

Seriously you should spend a whole day just washing and cleaning that bike...get a gallon of Evaporust for the chrome fenders, some aluminum wheel cleaner...and compound and wax the frame, get the seat fixed...you will be surprised how nice that bike will be. You can always do a full resto on it down the road.
I'm anticipating a little more effort just to get the engine running again, but I definitely intend to log some time before considering any kind of tear down