The Hoss 3x2 anything goes class

I guess I am in lol

The name Hoss was my ex father inlaws nick name , he passed away over the holidays so it is a tribute to him

My build is an Offroad Segway looking beast

It will be a front drive trike with a caster wheel in the back

The front wheels are massive 22x11x 8 and the rear caster will be a 13x5x6

Twin front disk brakes for stopping and pivot steering

7hp 208 cc clone with torque converter

Let the fun begin !

Rob,
I have a couple of new 1" pillow block bearings...pay for the ride and you can have them!

Ambitious build! Will be interesting to watch!
Thanks for the offer, but the shipping would be more than what I can pick them up for localy lol

Going to have to get the bender out , have some 1" tubing from other project to use for frame

Rob,
Looks like a fun project will be following this build. I don't think I'm seeing the skid steer part as you have one solid axle or is this just for mock up.
Good luck.
Scott

Rob, I know that's a new axel but they have been sitting around a long time :doah: I would open it up and clean it out and use new Bentonite grease https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/Tecumseh-788067C-Peerless-Transmission-Grease.html
Thanks guys , I have to disassemble the differential to mill some keyways on the axles for the brake disks and will give it a good cleaning and lube

I followed the link for the lube , is it any different that 90 weight gear oil for cars and trucks ?

Thanks guys , I have to disassemble the differential to mill some keyways on the axles for the brake disks and will give it a good cleaning and lube

I followed the link for the lube , is it any different that 90 weight gear oil for cars and trucks ?
Yes it disperses water where regular grease will retain it, regular grease starts coming right out of the axels(trust me) and 90 weight will piss right out :doah: I have done 3 diff's from the bottle I bought and could probably do atleast 2 more :thumbsup:

Got a bit started today and try my new set of transfer punches

I drilled and mounted the drive sprocket , slid the bearings and disks in place and then made some plywood cradles to use as a jig for mock up

My new transfer punches , they work great

Bolted in place with nylock nuts

The cradle jig and general layout

I now have some measurements that I can use to draw out the frame on graph paper