The new guy

Hi everyone,

I'm am new to this website and hope to learn a lot about mini bikes and hopefully I will be able to pass on some good information to all. I grew up about 6 blocks from Ruttman's in Dearborn Hts, Michigan when I was a kid. On Saturdays after our paper routes my friends and I would go up to Ruttman's and sit on the mini bike and dream. Some of my friends had Ruttman mini bikes and I loved riding them, I never got one because I was told they were to dangerous. (Yeah right!)I now ride a Harleydavidson.:scooter: I thought mini bike were about dead, boy was I wrong. Found this site by accident and it got me going. I am looking at a Bonanza thats rebuild for 300.00, a Trail Bronc for 400.00, and a Ruttman that's on E-bay. Trying to figure out what to get. You will be hearing from me soon!

I was cruising Craigslist and came across my mini bike. I called the wife and told her I wanted to buy it. She said "A what?". I had to send her pics to show her what I was talking about. Two days ago, I put up flyers in my supermarket looking for mini bikes and go karts.
Yesterday, I bought a go kart. one for the engine and two for another project to do.
Pretty soon you will have a mini bike fund hidden in your sock drawer.
Welcome to board.

New to mini bikes

I too have caught the bug for mini bikes. I picked up a Dirt Bug on friday and Im hooked. Im ready to upgrade to a 6.5hp. I have even pondered buying my kids and my wife one so I can have more time on mine.:thumbsup:

I'm glad to see that there is a following of these bikes. I have learned so much about the bike in the past few days reading this board.

i got my Cat off CL (think i paid $280 for it with an HS40).

when i showed up the guy asked me if it was for my kid. :lol: he had a 16yo that he was trying to get into bikes (dude had a few Harleys) but he wanted nothing to do with it.

my friend built one with an Azusa frame, i rode it once and decided i had to get one. i hate him for it because i've spent too much money on mine now. :scooter:

Last edited:
Hey dccbmg, glad to have you aboard! Hang on and enjoy the ride. It's going to be a great trip!

Together we stand - Divided we fall! Mini's forever!

i got my Cat off CL (think i paid $280 for it with an HS40).

when i showed up the guy asked me if it was for my kid. :lol: he had a 16yo that he was trying to get into bikes (dude had a few Harleys) but he wanted nothing to do with it.

my friend built one with an Azusa frame, i rode it once and decided i had to get one. i hate him for it because i've spent too much money on mine now. :scooter:

When I bought mine I totally downplayed my excitement. I told the kid it was for my son (I don't have a son). He asked how old and I said 15. He asked why I did not bring him with me. I told him he had a Dr. appt. Jeez man.

When I bought the Go-kart I told the kid the same thing and he did not seem to care at all.

I tried to get my buddy to ride mine last night and he refused. I totally busted his balls. He said it was b/c the front rim is broken and a little wobbly.
I don't think he will ever ride it b/c he is scared of me beast.