The Ultimate Off Road Bonanza Build Returns

The front brake is done had to get a little custom on the mount but everything works well. I couldn’t mount the caliper behind the fork tube so I had to compromise and mount it in front. It’s high and out of the way should work just fine. What do you guys think?
299F0937-4C6D-483E-AAE4-979E3FD630B7.jpeg 06918CE0-A0F1-400E-B8BD-0F34B8787FAF.jpeg FDC21C0C-9452-4EE4-AA43-9CFC2532642D.jpeg 8D0715F5-0B36-4B8C-A8B3-9681DD979D61.jpeg B8CB3A79-04E7-4672-8CB3-A4863D80FB31.jpeg

delray

tires are definitely interesting. they do have a roundness to them. two brakes will be good to have. I always like two brakes on my thunderbolt when trail riding. run the bike real hard right before you get to a corner and then hammer the brakes and then back on the gas. I would try to keep the front brakes little soft at first and see how it go's. don't want them locking up if possible or over the handle bars you go......looking good.

I was wondering how you were going to make your mount, as welding onto the shocks prob not a good idea.
i think you did an awesome job fabricating that bracket. Sure having the caliper behind the fork tube is ideal but looks like you had no room there. I def think it’s high enough and out of the way. Great job!

BTW, Wilwood makes a master cylinder for snowmobiles that holds a little more fluid and I have found it to work a lot better than the MC you have now. I had the same MC you have now and the Wilwood MC was a nice upgrade for the brakes. 5/8” piston.
Might not be necessary but maybe something to look since you are working on the brake system anyways.
it’s funny how no one cares about the brakes, until you need them lol

https://www.amazon.com/WILWOOD-HANDLEBAR-CYLINDER-MOTORCYCLE-SNOWMOBILE/dp/B002G39EU

it also has a parking brake which comes in handy. They might make right side ones too, I only have one on the left side.

I had to spread the forks 1-1/2” from what they used to be. They are now 8-1/2” on center. I’m really looking forward to testing the new brakes. We will see if a master cylinder upgrade is needed. I also did in my opinion a game changing modification to my wheels and wheel bearings but not sure if I’m gonna go into detail I know the competition is watching haha

I would mount the caliper on the back side of the forks like a modern bike. Could you flip your mount to the other side by swapping over the lower tubes?
I can’t there’s physically no room with the size of the rotor. The caliper itself hits the mounting tabs on the fork and it isn’t even close to having a full grab on the rotor

I had to spread the forks 1-1/2” from what they used to be. They are now 8-1/2” on center. I’m really looking forward to testing the new brakes. We will see if a master cylinder upgrade is needed. I also did in my opinion a game changing modification to my wheels and wheel bearings but not sure if I’m gonna go into detail I know the competition is watching haha
I completely understand!
i experimented with bearings and found it worthwhile.
good for you let us know how it goes

I would mount the caliper on the back side of the forks like a modern bike. Could you flip your mount to the other side by swapping over the lower tubes?
you might be on to something

Like if the mounts are forward and swap the plates then the caliper is rearward?

Last edited:
Nothing major got the new front fender installed. I ordered a Preston petty front mudder fender and was able to cut it up and use it for both front and rear fenders. Looks nice and adds that cool old school MX look
B5700DB9-D64C-4ED3-A7E2-02E8D4B19EFB.jpeg A71BEB09-395A-4068-8F4E-5FEBA1E29911.jpeg F6F5A8B8-7218-4DAE-B48A-54BD79D2C00B.jpeg

They know you finished well last year. It's advertisement for GPS. Is GPS sponsoring you with free parts and/or cash? If not, you would be providing them with free advertisement.
They’re a big sponsor and are selling these. They have also given a bunch away I’m not the only guy I think it’s cool that they are recognizing guys like me that have done well and support the event