The Ultimate Off Road Bonanza Build Returns

I made my new jackshaft mounts so that the tav will work. I started mocking everything up and saw that I’m going to need an angled engine plate to make everything work and line up so I got to cutting
ECA89C39-9D7A-485E-A8B1-3BD4C1C18EB3.jpeg 7A10E9FE-6D89-4AB1-B353-1D6B311065EA.jpeg

Didn’t get a lot done today. Started mocking some stuff up and making a shopping list for some odds and ends. I have these gas shocks that were too long and too stiff for my old suspension setup but I am thinking one of them would work well in a mono shock type setup. I’m going to try it I have plenty of room but I need to fab the new swing arm first before I start mocking it up C814FCC0-F6CD-46E9-9DCE-38EA8CFDB109.jpeg E71D2FC4-C867-4CBF-85D0-02748CFADF99.jpeg 2B61D9C8-BBCF-4A77-8C0D-4B896D2B04A5.jpeg

delray

looking good bryan. I see your going with the torque converter. your going to run into a rpm problem where your not going to have enough rpm's in the short distances to get the bike into it's power band so it can accelerate strong. one thing that will help little is install the largest sprocket that will fit without a ground clearance problem. two you will need at least a 3000 stall in your torque or it will be a real dog coming out the hole at low speeds.

looking good bryan. I see your going with the torque converter. your going to run into a rpm problem where your not going to have enough rpm's in the short distances to get the bike into it's power band so it can accelerate strong. one thing that will help little is install the largest sprocket that will fit without a ground clearance problem. two you will need at least a 3000 stall in your torque or it will be a real dog coming out the hole at low speeds.
Not with the new juggernaut I’m going to be running. I also have the 7” driven pulley. It should be pretty stout with those parts but I will need to test everything. If I need to change gearing that will be pretty easy with the jackshaft setup I’m running

DaveL12

Have u seen the new “SUNF” tires they developed for small off road vehicles? They have deep tread like the xtrac but are also rounded for traction in the turns. Snow hogs and xtracs are aggressive but the compound they are made out of is purpose built for snowblowers. I have experienced chunks breaking off of my xtrac tires. Grind hard plumbing runs the sunf tires on their camaro power wheels go kart thing. They are essentially miniature quad tires specifically designed for off-road and higher speeds. 763B967E-49E2-49DA-9CE2-165E707E3473.png

DaveL12

I just looked them up and they offer a 19X7-8. Probably rub on your forks but you could atleast rub one On the swing arm. Not to mention 3 inches taller than your current tires for higher top speed

I run the SunF Power II's and I highly recommend them also they have the same tread pattern as above. Too bad you would have to rework your frame.
I cannot use them in my yard because they cause too much damage when accelerating. The tread on the side make them feel really secure in a turn and not worrying if you are going to wash out.

No updates on the bike from this weekend. I was out of town on vacation since Thursday but I have some parts that showed up while I was gone and also have a tire on order to test out. I just need more time in the day to work on this