The Vintage Mini Bike Family Photo Scrapbook

The kid on the bike is Mark Lindquist who built all kinds of contraptions growing up and went on to gain fame as a sculptor and invented a new technique in photography called "Robography"

This very awesome photo and commentary were sent in by member tonka19 :

Hey KK Kid,
"That was my actual bike, my dad bought for me when I was 10years old back in 1971. JC Penney had an Auto Center back then and sold all kinds of Minibikes and GoKarts. That picture is what the bike looked like new, it had a 3.5hp B&S motor. It had a cut off switch on the plate in front of the seat. It was a great ride and I would love to find one, but highly unlikely.
Thanks for the props dude, by the way I am a 49 yr old chick:)"

-tonka

This very awesome photo and commentary were sent in by member tonka19 :

Hey KK Kid,
"That was my actual bike, my dad bought for me when I was 10years old back in 1971. JC Penney had an Auto Center back then and sold all kinds of Minibikes and GoKarts. That picture is what the bike looked like new, it had a 3.5hp B&S motor. It had a cut off switch on the plate in front of the seat. It was a great ride and I would love to find one, but highly unlikely.
Thanks for the props dude, by the way I am a 49 yr old chick:)"

-tonka
That pic is awesome !!! (looks like a Tec to me....hahahaha) Hey Casey D...check out that front tire !!!

oldfatguy

this is my bonanza chopper back in 1975 , it has a 3hp briggs on it because the 4 horse tecumseh threw a rod . this is the only mini bike from back then that I have a picture of.

OldMiniBikes member OFFY22

"I bought the lil' Indian as a kit and here it is shortly after it's trial run. The fenders and paint were soon to follow. It was first painted in R&M laquer and hand rubbed to a brite shine. The color was a customed mixed to a red/purple. Both myself and Jim on the right have been life long friends and we have graduated to Harleys..."