The White Knuckle Scramble!

Mini Bike Drags are cool:001_cool:I don't care who you are.I am making some changes to my little blue Whoopass machine and am planing on coming out.Going to run high octane gas but this thing will be ready to run so get out and pass me up if you can:devil2:

Excellent.
You're going to have some stiff competition in the drags, Rocco. :biggrin:
Thats a good thing, the last one I went to I almost couldn't believe what I came out to race against. I know there are a lot of good running mini bikes out there.I just hope they show up.:thumbsup: Lets have some fun.:biggrin:

I know of at least 2 quick bikes that will be there, but the fastest one may only be there for the practice runs due to prior commitment.

What are you running?

I know of at least 2 quick bikes that will be there, but the fastest one may only be there for the practice runs due to prior commitment.

What are you running?
Ah that wouldn't be fair to me to post that here unless everybody devulges what their running.I need to know if its an 1/8th were running also.

I was just thinking about class structure.
I forgot the length of the straight we're using for drags. :shrug:

LMK because thats need to know information so I can gear the bike and set up the clutch accordingly.:thumbsup: I want to be able to get everything ready before race day.

Last edited:
Rocco, we ran about 50-60 yards in June, but could easily double that. I'm not sure what you guys usually run or what is reasonable, but 1/8 mile is too long.

What we will probably do in practice is try 2 different dragstrip lengths and get a consensus on what is preferred, unless there is a strong opinion right away.

Driver's meeting at 9:45.

Rocco, we ran about 50-60 yards in June, but could easily double that. I'm not sure what you guys usually run or what is reasonable, but 1/8 mile is too long.

What we will probably do in practice is try 2 different dragstrip lengths and get a consensus on what is preferred, unless there is a strong opinion right away.

Driver's meeting at 9:45.
I guess I'll come out but I won't be racing my bike there it just wont work out for me.I need almost 100 yards just to get on top of the cam in my bike.I have a couple others that are good riders that I can bring instead.

11:70 with a 6 inch tire always worked for me at the rust revival 125ft drags. That was with a flathead and a noram clutch. A good hitting disk clutch with a clone could handle a bit steeper gearing.

Here are some more photos...If this happens again I am going to race! Thanks Hellfish and Kansas for putting this on and it was great meeting a bunch of OldMiniBikes members.

Just wanted to add, my wife and I came up from Peoria to check this out and had a great time. I didn't have any bikes ready, but will definitely be back with one or a kart next year. Looked like everyone was having a great time on the track and what a beautiful day:thumbsup: