Thinking about buying this. Would like to know what it is first.

Hello everyone!

I found this for sale in my area and I am thinking about picking it up as it is not too much money. I have a Honda GX160 sitting in my garage complete with a comet clutch that has never been ran before.

What brand/model of bike is it?

Will my GX160 fit or are there parts I need for it... Mounting plate etc?

Thanks!

Cool will do. I don't think it has a brake on it at all right now so I will have to buy one for it whichever one it needs.
It's definitely missing the brakes. Here's an assembly that OldMiniBikes sells. It will work, but requires quite a bit of modification with an angle grinder for the Cat 400.

Disc brake assembly. Uses R490 replacement pucks.

Here's a link for an original one for sale, which also gives some great information on how they are fitted. Note the bushings. Important.

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/m...ew-old-stock-cat-fox-sears-brake-caliper.html

This lever and cable kit will work on your bike.

7/8" Brake Lever & Cable (NOS)

Don't expect much from these brakes. They are riding on a sprocket surrounded by a chain with lubrication on it. I have two Cats like this, and I detest these brakes. But keeping it original was the goal, not actually stopping. :laugh:

It's definitely missing the brakes. Here's an assembly that OldMiniBikes sells. It will work, but requires quite a bit of modification with an angle grinder for the Cat 400.

Disc brake assembly. Uses R490 replacement pucks.

Here's a link for an original one for sale, which also gives some great information on how they are fitted. Note the bushings. Important.

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/m...ew-old-stock-cat-fox-sears-brake-caliper.html

This lever and cable kit will work on your bike.

7/8" Brake Lever & Cable (NOS)

Don't expect much from these brakes. They are riding on a sprocket surrounded by a chain with lubrication on it. I have two Cats like this, and I detest these brakes. But keeping it original was the goal, not actually stopping. :laugh:
Great stuff thanks! I did end up buying it. It does have a funky fabricated break lever thing. It pushes a steel plate into the back tire. I may just try that and see how well it works. The guy said it does stop ok with that setup. I wonder if whoever had it set that up because it didn't stop well.

Last edited:
Project log in the future?

I have one and it is one of my favorite riders. Added a hopped up Briggs. Fun stuff.

I can take some pictures when I am putting it together sure! I am not trying to restore it or anything though.... I am just trying to get something together that I can ride around and have fun with.