Throttle grip glue??

Big Jim

The grip on my throttle wants to rotate, I have tried GOOP, weatherstrip adhesive.
Anybody got the same problem? How did you fix it?
When you re-grip golf clubs, it comes with a water activated adhesive tape, would this work?

go to a motorcycle shop and get some grip glue. they'll probably have some laying around they could just give you. it comes in little tubes.

Get some adhesive backed 80 grit sandpaper or some grip tape. Clean the throttle with some acetone and then cut the sandpaper to fit around the throttle and wrap it around it. Now slide the grip back on.

Big Jim

Thanks Guys!!
One of those little things that irks me!! A couple of them are like they are one piece, then, there are others that keep twisting....

clean all surfaces of old glue with acetone ,I used super glue for years with good results racing jetskis,put glue on both surfaces.:thumbsup:

Big Jim

Should have done a search!!! Lots of good advice, I got hair spray! Not Aquanet, smells like a retiremnt home... good stuff for potato guns though!!
Let me clarify, this is on the throttle side, the dummy stays put!

Let me clarify, this is on the throttle side, the dummy stays put!
Yeah that's the kicker here. I think most people are giving you advice for dummy grips. The trick for the throttle is to get the housing itself (that clamps down with the two screws) to not move. I've often wondered how to remedy that situation if it were to arise for me, but so far, all my grips have stayed secure enough to twist but loose enough so that the throttle isn't binding under the pressure. I'm thinking you might be able to put some electrical tape under where the housing clamps down on the bars to increase the O.D. of the mounting surface? :shrug:

Yeah that's the kicker here. I think most people are giving you advice for dummy grips. The trick for the throttle is to get the housing itself (that clamps down with the two screws) to not move. I've often wondered how to remedy that situation if it were to arise for me, but so far, all my grips have stayed secure enough to twist but loose enough so that the throttle isn't binding under the pressure. I'm thinking you might be able to put some electrical tape under where the housing clamps down on the bars to increase the O.D. of the mounting surface? :shrug:
The way I read the post was the grip on the throttle is turning, NOT THE WHOLE THROTTLE ,Just sayin :thumbsup:

Big Jim

The throttle clamps to the bar perfect, it's the grip that rotates. And it is only on some of them.
My Murray stays put, my old Trail bronc has the original grips on it stays, it's the newer aftermarket Taiwan ones that move.
I have a reall nice set of HD aftermarket grips that have the foam and chrome on them, they seem solid, don't really own a bike that requires "chrome" but they are cool.

Besides glue, I also put a couple loops of safety wire around each grip. I do that on all my bikes. I'd post a photo, but it seems to not be working this morning.