Throttle Problems

Bought a baja mini bike a couple of months ago and just got around to putting it together now. I have everything together and the bike runs but the throttle doesnt work. The bike will only move if the choke is turned off.(The manual said that to the right is off?) When move the choke it acts as the throttle. Twisting the throttle does nothing.

Welcome to OldMiniBikes Sir:thumbsup:

Photo's would really help the gang figure out the problem. Sounds like there's problem hooking up the cable.

your cable should come in straight from the other side of the tank.you can see the cable is looped around and "bent" 180 degrees.not going to work like that
the metal end of the cable should be inside the ferule

it wiil help the cable movement but if the arm is movining I think you got other issues too

did you try moving the black arm on top of the carb that's attached to the throttle butterfly by hand while its running?

does the throttle open and close when the arm moves ?

Last edited:

cxbra

I had that problem on one engine before, but it was so long ago that I really forgot what the remedy was :doah:. OH wait! It was that my return spring wasnt strong enough and the throttle was stuck open about 1/4 of the way. Thats why it wont run with the choke on, your throttle isnt closing all the way, and the back wheel is most likely spinning when you start up right? The reason why turning the throttle on the handlebar does nothing is because its most likely not tightened enough to the throttle assembly on the engine and its moving around. Im 95% sure thats your problem my friend.

fixed the problem, thanks guys. The guy that had the bike before me had it so the throttle was stuck wide open so i took a spring off on of my other motors and put it on, it runs good now.

yeah the throttle was sticking and the springs were all worn out so i took the throttle lever off. I hooked the throttle cable directly to the lever under the tank so i dont have to worry about the spring wearing out or stretching.