to hell and back .... well kinda

hey guys haven't logged on in a while . been thinking of ya just been busy well till the last about 4 months . got droped
to the floor bad a tbi brain bleed ,stroke kinda thing had a 2 cm by 4 cm . puts ya down now and fast just doing some work on
the house and boom go a dizzy spell and wnet to the floor . couldnt use the right side for nothing paralyzed
made it to the bed and passed out . next day made it to the er and got help and a you did what !!!!! after driving in .

been a ordeal learnin to get things to move again and what dont work wright any more . doing pretty good tho can walk
got a funky step tho . still having trouble with the right hand it moves but doing stuff is slow .

can talk but :crying: is some days bad .

hope to get back to making parts again . as have a building i looking to move in so if that goes as planed can unpack
the tools and build some things ..... i hope .

but for the winter all at a stand still till warmer temps come then maybe can for once get caught up .

i am new here but its good that your back.a friend of mine just had a mini stroke about 6 weeks ago and hes almost back to normal.glad to hear your getting better and wish you a ful and speedy recovery ...Brian

buckeye

Wow, I'm glad hell didn't keep ya!!!:thumbsup:

So sorry to hear brotha!!
I have thought about you everytime I put a clutch cover on my Briggs engines. Hey attach to the mounts you made for me.

Keep working on your speech, and do what the therapist have told you.

Man, it is great to see you back man!!!

Welcome back Robert- One of the most talented fabricators on this forum. My son and I have been the recipients of numerous quality parts he has made for us.
Michael

Good to see you back metal man. Even now, I find lots of your threads and posts with photos on how to do stuff right. I know I missed your talent here! Stay healthy man!

thanks guys nice to hear things i did are still useful . was lookin at the forms at my old theads , trying to remember building them
and the fixes . kinda a find the memory thing as some of it is gone . its funky and frustrating try and recall something and its gone.
they tell me i have been doing well and recovering alot , but its the little things i cant do that get to me . its hard not being home and
not having things to work on make for long days .
and there isnt muck to do in fargo in the winter ill tell ya . ya know its bad when even the doc says its a depressing town he grew up here

so its find some thing to fill the time till spring when i can go back home and maybe get caught up on things . and see my friends
at the shop and hear the stories .

miss making parts was fun to see what you guys would send me to make . and if i could make it .

i know i was building a tank and some one sent me a fill neck never got it done . will send the tank back when i get time to dig for it
as im thinking i wont be able to finish it .

random thoughts that come up , another thing that is takeing some getting ues to . cant remember yesterday but 20 years ago some of
its there .

thanks guys nice to hear things i did are still useful . was lookin at the forms at my old theads , trying to remember building them
and the fixes . kinda a find the memory thing as some of it is gone . its funky and frustrating try and recall something and its gone.
they tell me i have been doing well and recovering alot , but its the little things i cant do that get to me . its hard not being home and
not having things to work on make for long days .
and there isnt muck to do in fargo in the winter ill tell ya . ya know its bad when even the doc says its a depressing town he grew up here

so its find some thing to fill the time till spring when i can go back home and maybe get caught up on things . and see my friends
at the shop and hear the stories .

miss making parts was fun to see what you guys would send me to make . and if i could make it .

i know i was building a tank and some one sent me a fill neck never got it done . will send the tank back when i get time to dig for it
as im thinking i wont be able to finish it .

random thoughts that come up , another thing that is takeing some getting ues to . cant remember yesterday but 20 years ago some of
its there .

Recovery will take some time!! One step at a time!! Healing from something like what you went through is a process and you will percevere!! Seems your spirits are good at this trying time and that is a great testement to the person you are and you will come out stronger!! Hang in there my friend and stick with the rehabilitation regement cause some things they will have you do may seem silly but it is for your greater good!! :thumbsup:

Hey MM. Been scarce myself but its great to hear from you. Sad news, but you sound strong and are moving in the right direction.
PM if ya need anything:thumbsup:

well im out of therapy got out of that pretty fast . got most of the movement and stuff going , its just the working and recovery
ya know that hard part where ya find out what dont work wright anymore .
still having trouble with my leg it moves but dam its sore . told the doc and he wasnt too concerned i dont know .
got my driver license back in November so i could drive if i have a car , but they said to do back roads at home :doah:
till i get some time in . sure only 150 miles away :censure:

should be hearing from the job training thing some time . so have some $$$$ and some thing to do .
and see what i can still do .

most things seem to be hurry up and weight , making for along winter .

well

And out of the darkness the zombie does crawl ...... hey im no zombie dam it . I feel it sometimes . Yes boys and girls it me ...well whats left anyway a brain injury later and it all the crap with that . Been missing the form and you all . Wanting to get back in the swing and start building parts again or kits form . Some i just cant do like before . But the fun of it ya suuuurrrree

So good to hear from you Robert! The education and stellar fabrication skills you bring to this forum have been missed by all. (As the recipient of numerous parts you have made for my son and I, I speak from experience) Hearing that you are starting to build again is very good news indeed!
Michael