TOM THUMB "Twin Sister"/Scratch Class

A bit work on the TT today. I spent half the day designing a gas tank bracket, then I couldn't get it to work:doah: Moved on to the seat bracket. Some how the gas tank is going to be mounted to that bracket.........still thinking:laugh: The seat braket will have a hinge because there is not room to screw the seat on:laugh::laugh: Started taking the bike apart for more welding. More progress soon, I hope:thumbsup:

I got the seat bracket tacked on. I think the hinge will work well, just need to get some flat head bolts.:doah: While the Tom Thumb was outside getting some fresh air, I took a photo by the flowers:laugh::laugh:

More progress today. Made my 3rd, yes 3rd tank bracket today. I think I'm pretty happy with this one. I did notice when I went to weld it to the seat bracket, the seat bracket was really crooked:doah: I had to cut that off and re-weld.........much better. I think the more squares and levels I use, the worse it is. I'm going to start using "eye ball engineering". I also cut that tab off from the kick stand mount and welded that on. Nice to have a kick stand.:wink: Might have to shorten it a bit, no big deal:smile:

Can't think of a color yet. :eek:ut: My friend Tim took care of all my tac welding today. I still need to weld a latch for the front of the seat. I also rounded the fork lowers today. I just use my grinder to take the corners off. I'm ready to finish cleaning up the welds and fill with a little body putty:thumbsup:

It really is coming out nice. How are you going to mount the tank. Do you use straps??

Doc
Thanks Buck and Doc. Thats what I do Doc. I just use clamps. I had to make that bracket for the tank because the tank was "below" the carb. By time the seat and tank is installed, you don't see much of the bracket:thumbsup:

I never really thought of a color until today:laugh: I was just going to drive over to my buddys body shop and see what color he was using today and tell him to spray the bike. What if it was white:scared: So I decided against that:doah: Then I found out yeaterday I have to take a trip to Cali. in a few months. (look out Ed). Since I am being cheap to save money for the trip, I used what I had:thumbsup: Didn't turn out to bad. If I keep tinkering with this bike, I will never be done. I really need to get ready for Windber. Here is the color:wink: More photos to follow.

The bike is all painted. Would of been great if it didn't fall over:doah: