Torque Converter Options for Higher HP engines

Just wondering what are the "torq-a-verter" type options for higher HP small engines. I am thinking in the 20-30 HP range. On the Hoffco/Comet website: AMToqConvert they list Higher HP torque converters, but I can't find any for sale, which I take it to mean that they have not been brought back to market since Certified Parts Corp. took over. Anyone find out that they have been brought back?

Would I have to mod (for ex. machine away the internal splines, which I do have the capability to do) either an OEM name brand or Chinese brand ATV torque converter to get one that would work with higher HP small engines in a mini-bike/go-kart application?

In the short term, I would like to use a 420cc Predator engine in a Super Bronc type home built mini-bike and mod the engine for increased HP, I think it should be easily capable of 20 hp with the mods available for it (since the previous HF engine of that size was rated at 13 hp). Stock, it is at the top end of the 30 series. Further in the future, and a bit OT for the intended purpose of this site, I would like to build a mini-buggy using a stock 20 - 30 HP Briggs or Kohler V-Twin, and I would like to use a torque converter tranny on it as well.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Is the 40 series back in production? Who sells it?

Thanks.
I don't know if the new owners of Comet are making 40 series, but there are Chinese clones of the 40 series being produced.
Since I have not found anybody in America ( that would include the OldMiniBikes warehouse ) interested in talking to me about Chinese Clone TCs in 30 or 40 series I can't honestly provide you with a reputable suplier.

40 series

TRY :GoPowerSports.com.
I BOUGHT A 40 SERIES FROM THEM FOR A YARD KART.
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $100.00
THEY HAVE LOTS OF OTHER PARTS TOO

Thanks guys. I know the Chinese make torque converters for their ATV's, go-karts and such. The problem is, at least with the ones that I can find info. on, at least the driven pulleys mate up to splined shafts, not sure if the driver pulleys do, too. And they're not really cheap for experimenting on (i.e., if I machine the internal splines off, is there enough material left to put in a keyway?).

Paul

10-4. As I said. I am not currently in the market, just doing market research to see what my options are. It may end up paying to just get a Lifan motorcycle engine with a built-in tranny, which means changing gears. I'd prefer an automatic like a TAV system, but I will take what I can get, when the time comes.

Paul

KB2ROCKET

you guys need to start looking at jr. dragster equipment and industrial equipment and snowmobiles
I bought a duster 94c clutch and driven pulley
for my high hp motor search around long enough and you will find what you need

you guys need to start looking at jr. dragster equipment and industrial equipment and snowmobiles
I bought a duster 94c clutch and driven pulley
for my high hp motor search around long enough and you will find what you need
That is very expnsive.

A Chinese 40 series clone delivered to your door FROM china is less than just the driver 94c.