Trail Bronc Rebuild...

Ratbike

Bought a Bronc the other night. Has wheels,tires,rear sprocket,shocks,throttle,hand brake,jack shaft with belt, no motor,no seat. Needs paint (as it is RUSTY!!) and some conditioning. Ordered parts from OldMiniBikes Warehouse and motor from HF. Can't post pics until Hent gets my supporting member check to renew as I am on severe overload on pics, msg's etc...:shrug:

buckeye

Good to see ya back building. :thumbsup:

I miss you doing project log. Last time I remember seeing was you flipping on a grocery kart. Well, maybe nit flipping exactly.:laugh:

Ratbike

Good to see ya back building. :thumbsup:

I miss you doing project log. Last time I remember seeing was you flipping on a grocery kart. Well, maybe nit flipping exactly.:laugh:
That makes me laugh!!!:clap: Wonder what everyone else remembers...:shrug: LOL!!!

Ratbike

Some pics of the trail Bronc I picked up for a song....:laugh: All the important parts are there,wheels ,tires,shocks,throttle,brake handle etc...:scooter:

Ratbike

After an hour of twisting and pounding...out they came :thumbsup: Springs are even good!!!!:laugh: Cleaned up the forks with a finishing disc on my angle grinder.

Ratbike

Cleaned up the frame a bit and wire brushed it. Looks like some repairs were done on the rear fender mount:shrug:

Last edited:

Ratbike

Bought a jackshaft kit from OldMiniBikes warehouse...didn't want to weld the bracket to the motor plate so fabricated some angle iron to make bolting it on possible and adjustable as well.:blink:

Ratbike

Paint time... Went with Rustoleum hammered black and hammered silver for the forks...I use this paint as it is very forgiving as far as covering any blemishes etc....:rolleyes:

Ratbike

As for the fenders I ran out of paint so thought I would use my finishing disc and scuff them up and throw some clear on them...saw this done @ bike night this summer and thought it cool!!!:eek:ut:

Ratbike

Cleaned up the rims and sprocket for paint . I use the old hardware as long as it is in good condition and clean it up as well...

Ratbike

:scooter: Brake time...I like the clutch brake:shrug: Here's how I have always done it...Low Budget... Like to make my own parts:thumbsup: Had today off so got alot done...

Ratbike

Got motor in and the tank plug didn't quite fit...had to modify the tank with my rubber mallet :1orglaugh: Fender fit though...:shrug: