Trailhorse question

I picked up a Trailhorse roller with original paint, seat foam, kickstand, brake plate, throttle, sprocket, band brake and brake lever. Luckily the front footpeg bar that isn't original to the bike is tied on with a shoe string. Looks like it'll clean up nicely. Anyway the engine plate is black, could this be original or not? I don't see any signs of the blue coming through and didn't want to try and strip it if it's supposed to be black.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

The one I have is all orig its all black with white foot pegs and grips eng is also white tec chain gaurd is black . do you think the whole frame may have been black at some point ? I would post a pic if it wasn't so deep in the pile !

The blue is original. I'll see if I can strip the black off the engine plate and see some blue. Hopefully it's still there. Thanks for the responses. I don't know much about theses bikes but I couldn't pass it up.

image.jpg
Found this in a search. Looks very similar to my color. Taillight tab the same. It says it's Montgomery wards. We're these made for Montgomery wards too or are they different? Anyone have a positive id. It also looks like the ss300 like Markus posted in another thread.

Im sure it was painted black to hide the accumulated grease and oil!! :laugh: Nice score!! Seems to be in good shape!! :thumbsup:

Found this in a search. Looks very similar to my color. Taillight tab the same. It says it's Montgomery wards. We're these made for Montgomery wards too or are they different? Anyone have a positive id. It also looks like the ss300 like Markus posted in another thread.
Same bike. General Appliance built them as Trail Horse, Trail Horse for Western Auto, Trail Blazer, Montgomery Wards, GA, Whisper Jet, and G-T. Yours is probably a Montgomery Wards bike.

Last edited: