Tri-sport progress pics

Well its been a little while and its a roller. The comet 30 series clutches are on backorder and wont be available for shipment for another 2 weeks or so.

So, sand blasted the frame, wire wheeled the axle then clear coated it, did some fiberglass to the seat to fix some bad spots, and had a new front axle made. We did our best to save the decals being as I probably wont ever find any

Carlisle Super Lugs all around. Rims were blasted and painted white. Frame and seat were painted tangerine orange. Going to replace all the bolts with stainless in the future and have new foot pegs made as mine are rotted out

All I am waiting on now is the engine (came in today but I couldnt pick it up from TSC), Jackshaft kit will be ordered when clutches are available to save on shipping, and controls which will be ordered with everything else. The seat is being made with white vinyl

So Finally I have a roller :weld::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Should be named the " ORANGE CRUSH " Just wait till that seat upholstery gets done that is going to make it POP.
My first Tri-Sport was a TS 100 with a Canadian Curtis Wright 290 CC engine. There are pictures of it and many other Tri-Sports in my photo section.
The Tri-Sport with the foot rest on the front end gives you good control and a bit more room. Looks like fun is just a few steps away.
Steve :scooter:

Thanks steve. At first I wasnt crazy about the orange but once I started adding the white pieces its made it all come together.

The one day I was perusing your pics and saw alot of neat rigs. I just wish I could find out which model this one is. It said "Scout" on the front but havent seen anything mentioned of it anywhere on the net

Tri Sports were sold out to a company called Pro Mark I think they were from Tempe, Arizona and they remade a lot of the Tri-Sports and renamed them. I had one brochure of theirs but sold a lot of the Tri-Sport stuff to a guy back in Illinois.
Your model was the base machine as it does not even have front suspension and they came with 5 and 7 HP Tecumseh engines.
I hope this helps. Steve :scooter:

That is a very cool trike, can't wait to see it done. What is the power going to be?

PS; don't forget about recreating decals with a color laser printer and vinyl stock.

Here are the add-ons you could buy back in the day. I live about 40 minutes from where the alsport was built in Norwalk, Ohio. I own one myself and a friend of mine has one also. What a blast they are to ride. Enjoy yours!

Last edited: