Trouble removing clutch

So I have this H50 with lighting coil that I bought from this kid, and it has a cent. clutch on the shaft. I am going to be putting on a TC so I went to remove the clutch, removed all set screws, and the thing will not budge. I have loaded it with penetrating oil which has been sitting in there for two days now and nothing. You guys have any tips for me that might help in getting this thing off? Given the value of the engine I would really like to get it off.

Spike....There's only one sure, safe, and easy way to remove a clutch like yours. Go to your local automotive store or discount store and get yourself a gear puller, sometimes called a pulley puller, and read the instructions. No need to get an expensive one or a professional one. In less than ten minutes your clutch will be off. DO NOT USE HEAT! DO NOT BEAT ON IT WITH A LARGE HAMMER. For less than $20.00 you will do a first class job; you won't harm your motor or crankshaft; and you will have a tool that you will use over and over again.....Ogy.

I used heat on my mini's never had trouble!!!!!!!!!!!I used a hand held propane torch on a mtd that worked just fine.Just cant heat up towards the seal on the engine.

If you have a choice a 3 jaw puller works best for pulling off round objects.
Make sure you don't mess up the threads in the end of the crank shaft . You can buy a bolt to thread into the crankshaft and drill a small hole into the top of the bolt to act as a center guide and use that bolt to protect the threads of the crank.
Steve :scooter:

Mac

I use a three jaw gear puller and my electric impact wrench(Like a hammerdrill). I use a six-sided socket, pull the trigger, and off it comes. I've been lucky so far, none have been damaged by that technique.