Troubled Terra Cat

I acquired this bike recently from my powder coater friend. Boy, was it a mess. The fenders and chain guard are decent though. Pic of when I got it home:

Had some light switches mounted to it, and a pair of what looks like meat hooks hose clamped to it. Not to mention, half a milk jug wired between the frame rails :confused: :confused:

So I set to work removing the garbage. The Briggs 5er has no spark and the gas smells like varnish. Clutch set screw stripped immediately. Getting there.....

The hubs were from the old balloon tires. You can see the flanges still on the rear hub.

Removed the fenders, and seat....

But wait, what's this?! The frame has been broken and repaired! But look how "off" the repair is. The 2 ends are supposed to be one seamless bar. What are people thinking when they get their welder out??

This Terra cat is Troubled. Let's see what I can do with it

buckeye

Electrical tape, rookies.
Didn't they know you use duct take to fix stuff?:laugh:
You have your work cut out for you.

I love Terra-Cats! Been looking for one for myself to restore….

Hope to see it at the White Knuckle Scramble on July 23…??
Have a lot of fun with this one!

I ordered new wheels, a new clutch, and these bad boys! An OldMiniBikes member posted about using these tires for a super bronc build and I had to copy him. Kenda bear claws, 22x12x8.

Bike is now stripped apart, with the exception of the jackshaft. The LAST collar on the shaft has a hex screw that is now stripped. It's always the last little bit that doesn't work out!