Tubing Bender

I bend tubing for a living and for my racecar stuff I have a Hossfeld model 2 and it's awesome. for minibike frames I bought a HF floor mount bender, and I bought dies from Shop Outfitters. It works great for anything under 1" and .065 wall 4130. You could probably bend larger dia. heavier wall mild steel though.

this is a good homemade bender that uses the protools dies. works great. Got_trikes

Theres guys on ebay selling dies that fit this HF bender, so it bends TUBING. Seems to work well.
EBAY DIE: Hossfeld Type 1 Inch Round Tubing Dies Tubing Bender - eBay (item 140305568864 end time Mar-11-09 17:18:25 PDT)

HF BENDER FOR DIE ABOVE: - Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

and heres a small homemade job. Maybe get a pulley or something for the 'die'. this guy used a VW timing belt tensioner I think..

Last edited:
Hi Rudy: So your getting serious hey that's what its about. I looked at the bender and they had a 4:00 min video on it looks great a little slow but that too has big advantages. I think less mistakes arn made if you go slow.
I would make sure you mount it real good in the garage floor or in the driveway. Mine being Hydraulic is on wheels and that works good handling the 20 foot long sticks.
So what is the first project ?? Steve :scooter:

Well, Steve we already have a project going. We are building a car for one of the 24Hour of Lemons races. I bought a complete cage kit and we installed it...turned out nicely. But, two days after we finished, they revamped the rules on us...now, we need to re-do and add more support in the driver's door area. We bought one of those red benders from Northern Tool, and it just will not do a "good" complete bend. We tried packing it with sand, all the little tricks that were on YouTube, nothing would work, so we just decided to spend the money and get a nice one. It's funny, we've wanted one of these like forever, just never had a reason, or the thought that "we could do that". But in the last several years some of the things we've gone through in life have basically told us, we just never know how long we have, so if you're gonna get to it you'd better do it now. Once I get the LemonScort finished, and the SHO build out of the way we've been thinking we might do up a large frame go-cart, I say large because at the moment we're both over 400#. Besides, this gives me something else to pass down to the kid when I eventually kick the can.