Twin Engine Driveline

Big Boi- We'll have to run each other, so when he kicks my ass I will have a reason to build another one for next year.
:001_tongue:

Here's the updated pic of the wheelie bar with cross supports. Today I spent some time deciding where the gas tank and puke tank will be located. They where then designed and fab'd. Decided that gravity feed wasn't happening, so the gas tank was located just behind the front down bars. As such, I'll be using fuel pumps. Gussets and support mounts will come tomorrow.

wheelie bar with cross supports

gas tank

puke tank mock-up

puke tank location

Been doing double shifts and getting burnt, so it was time to chill. Took a little break from the Twini to work on my 55 Chevy Belair wagon, which will be one on my "tow rigs" when I bring out the Twini. The other rig being my 67 Chevy G-10 gasser van.

Went to the Billetproof Drags in Lakeland Florida this past weekend. What a total blast! Pre-64 vintage drag cars, AND "Mini-bike Madness"!!! They let us run the 1/8 mile track with our mini's. How sweet is that! The weekend actually started the day before at the Ratz and Rodz car show held in Ocala, FL on Big Daddy Don Garlits' backyard. Really, he opens up his backyard which is adjacent to his drag racing and antique car museum's. Great time! A must see if you come to Florida.

Anyway, I'll be getting back into the Twini very soon, and will update this thread with the progress.

Here's a pic of my 55. The final paint and assembly should be done this week?

Loppy out!

Here's some videos of "Mini-bike Madness" from the Florida Billetproof Drags.

[YOUTUBE]CjC_h1kSRQg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]OrqzMxgLx70[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]17UYM7d496M[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]JL5FA4YHPVI[/YOUTUBE]

Very,very nice. Thanks for sharing.

p.s. the speed of the fat tire mini in the race reminds me of Kenny McCormack's go-go power bronco.

Last edited:
Hey guy's. Not yet, but getting close to getting back into it. Been thrashing away on my 55 Chevy Belair wagon. It's taking all my spare time, and a priority right now. Stay tuned, I'll be updating this thread as soon as I make some progress.

Oldsalt

Darn it. I was sure looking forward to someone building a reliable dual engine mini using 4-stroke engines. Then lots of people would be able to copy the design. Guess we'll have to wait a while.