Twin Engine Driveline

Well guys Jim Ruttman built a few Freight Trains he called them after the old twin blown Hemi Top Fueler with that name. I am building a clone of it. They raced it in the open modified class at Eagle Park. It was a stretched Long frame spyder with two 5 H.P. Tecumseh's. It was riden by Jacki Iorns for team Ruttman. Nothing really fancy. They used two maxi torque dual sprocket clutches. That was it for the drivetrain. The funny part was the gas tanks. Two Ruttman chopper tanks held on with duct tape. The December 70 0r 71 has the pics of it. I have it but not with me right now.

Yes it was. I did not get into the engine details yet. They were built with aluminum high compression thin racing heads, big cams and twin Dellorto carbs. I talk with Miss Mini Bike Theresa Iorns every now and then. Her family were good friends with Jim Ruttman's. The Wheels were the Standard 6" 5 spokes with the Aluminum Sprocket. And The Maxi Torques were the racing clutches with Fiberglass shoes. It was stupid fast back then and Jacki Iorns said it handled like shit and was the scariest thing to ride but he did it.

BUMP!

Thanks for all who have been following this thread. Been busy with well, life. I'm getting back on the build this week. I'll update as I go.

Loppy out

Hello fellas! I'm baaaaaaaaak!

Yep I'm gonna say it.....it's for sale. Moving on to other things. Being sold as is. It will need to be completed. Some tack welds need to be finished, others ground down and cleaned-up, body and paint, gas tank and mount, seat, throttle cable, and more...

It's almost there, just needs your finishing touches.

I've about $1500 into it, so make reasonable offer.

PM me if interested.

Well, looks like this thread is going to start up again!
I'd much rather have my buddy Loppy still here in Florida, but he has moved north for a new adventure. I wish him all the best.
Through his great friendship, he has granted me the honor of finishing the Twinibike. It is in my garage next to my "Double Whammy".
I have already started diggin into it, looked so close to being done, but it's all the little things that take so much time.
Joe did the most amazing fabrication on this thing, all the neat brackets and ideas are so cool. I know where he was headed with it, so I'm going to stay true to the man's plan.
Hope when he comes back down to visit it'll be done and he can kick my ass in a heads up double engine minibike drag race!
Keep ya posted!

Last edited:
Been busy working on the Twini.
All the welds have been sanded and smoothed, she's been painted and put back together.
Pretty close now. Just need the seat done, a tank and fuel line, wheelie bars installed, and we are ready to fire it up, yeah, I'm a little excited!

Jdogg-I will get some more up for you soon.
I got both engines fired up yesterday,not at the same time though. I need to get the the tank made and run fuel lines.
I took it down the road (with a make shift gas bottle) on one then the other.
It was super stable and felt great, the friction brake makes me a little nervous, but it's all good so far.
I need to change clutch springs out and get the seat made and it'll be ready for action.
:drinkup: